MLBTR: Non-Tender List

weams

28 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Dude had a weaker ops than Chris Davis part of the year last year.  Skipped fanfest because he didnt like his contract. Overpriced and he’d have to have a serious bounceback year to be worth it. Lets move on.

He never had a weaker ops then Davis.  Davis didn’t have a month over .5550 until July.  Schoop ops was .676 in April .649 in May then .516 in June before catching fire in July an posing 1.056.  Schoop was not good last year but he wasn’t record breaking awful.  Davis never got above .594 and was much lower most the time.  Schoop lowest was .596.  

5 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

If he’s non-tendered, that’s the kind of upside bet the Orioles should make.

Definitely for Russell. Teams would give Russell a multi year contract. It actually might be a blessing for him. Schoop on the other hand... what better place to rebuild your value?  Middle of the Order, everyday 2nd Basemen, he knows the league and Pitchers, likes the ballpark. 

I forgive him for missing fanfest. Doesn’t bother me. He got put into a tough situation in Milwaukee. Crowded IF after they got Moustakas. Plus Arcia really stepped up. He did whatever the winning team needed him to do. I didn’t hear anything about him crying. 

12 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I know I’ve been against spending money on anyone that won’t be here when we’re good again but Schoop makes sense for a lot of reasons. We have no middle IF depth. Throw a bone to the fans. He’s comfortable here. He’s young. Bat him 4th, play him at 2nd, watch him put up 25-30 HR. Trade him again. 

If we're strictly looking at this season (which we really shouldn't be) we need a legitimate SS much more than we need a 2B with declining defensive skills. And we shouldn't be signing ANYONE to a five year deal, as someone else suggested. Sometimes I wonder if some of the posters on this message board actually understand what a rebuild is. It's going to be painful, take a few years, and there are no shortcuts. It's time to come to terms with those facts. 

Some of these names are interesting.  I bet I could build a team from this list that is better than the 2018 Orioles.

C. McCann

1B. Bour

2B. Schoop

SS. Russell

3B. Solarte

LF.  Duvall

CF. Deshields

RF.  Marisnick

DH. Grossman

Roark, Andriese, Miller, Hahn, Bettis

Some possible relievers in there.

Archived