Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we get the Astros assistant Gm and special assistant GM. Both are into analytics. We had lost our top analytics person to the Astros this offseason. 

Great hire. I don’t care if Brady will still be in whatever role he is in. Let him have it.  For all we know he could’ve made this hire????

Does this mean that he would hire  HOU people to fill out the coaching staff?  

Manager - Trey Hillman (Hou bench coach), or their PC/HC?

Pitching Coach - Craig Bjornson (Hou bullpen coach)

Hitting Coach - Alonzo Powell (HOU asst HItting Coach) 

It would be like how NFL teams lose people after winning the super bowl. We’d get their #2 & #3 Front office people. Then their #2, #4, and #5 of their coaching staff. Or something like that. That would be a coup. Especially if/when Elias brings the player development and scouts  with him. 

Great news. Now we actually have something to talk about on here. 

34 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Assuming this is true (seems strange that no one else is reporting it), I hope it means Carlos Beltran will be invited to join the organization in some capacity.

The Houston Chronicle has an article on it.

6 hours ago, ISU94 said:

This makes me feel like things are changing for the better. Young, bright mind out of a great analytical organization.

An organization that knows how to cheat too.  :awesome: When they can get away with it*

*When they can gain an edge.

Rich Dubroff and others think this guy could be manager if Elias is hired.

If Elias is named as Duquette’s successor, he’ll have to find a new manager. Buck Showalter was also dismissed on Oct. 3. The Orioles will have no competition in their managerial search since all five teams that were in the market for a new manager have already filled their vacancies.

One name that could surface is Joe Espada, Houston’s bench coach, who interviewed for the job with the Texas Rangers and was also eyed by the Los Angeles Angels.

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/11/14/orioles-search-choices-coming-clearer/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

12 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Sounds like this is legit! And good news. 

Roch said he heard a decision had been made but couldn't get the name.

Since we haven't heard from the Orioles perhaps we will get a dual announcement that includes a President. Likely Cherington or Colletti

if it's Cherington @mdbdotcom owes me a steak dinner?

Read my post again.

53 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

No one has confirmed this story, so IF true, Nightengale had this several hours before anyone in the media.  Usually by now, @Moose Milligan's hero Rosenthal or Jon Heyman or someone confirms this.

I just think you're jealous at my capacity to let things slide.  You're the one who's held a grudge for over 30 years.  I'm a lover, not a fighter baby.

Archived