Update: Elias brings in Sig Mejdal:

weams

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these moves don’t confirm to all Oriole fans that John & Lou aren’t running the organization like their father did, I don’t know what will.  The Brady factor aside, I think it’s very clear that times are changing, and John & Lou are committed to making the Orioles a source of pride among fans and in the community once again.  They seem to get it, unlike their father, and it’s truly a breath of fresh air.  I can handle the losing as long as I know the organization has a clear plan to become long-term contenders again, and with the hires of Elias & Sig, I feel extremely confident that this is going to happen, it’s just going to take some time.

5 minutes ago, Obando said:

If these moves don’t confirm to all Oriole fans that John & Lou aren’t running the organization like their father did, I don’t know what will.  The Brady factor aside, I think it’s very clear that times are changing, and John & Lou are committed to making the Orioles a source of pride among fans and in the community once again.  They seem to get it, unlike their father, and it’s truly a breath of fresh air.  I can handle the losing as long as I know the organization has a clear plan to become long-term contenders again, and with the hires of Elias & Sig, I feel extremely confident that this is going to happen, it’s just going to take some time.

I agree completely.  Most positive front office decision and direction since Jerry Hoffberger hired Harry Dalton.   Outstanding!!  And many kudos to the new leaders, John and Louis! 

24 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Respect to the Angelos sons for giving Elias autonomy. Really love the Sig acquisition and title. Nicely done, Elias. Keep rolling. Night and day difference to see an analytics focused GM come in and make waves both in words and actions.

Hey look, we both like the GM at the same time! :D

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

I have never witnessed an Orioles thing so universally well-liked and approved by ALL of the OH, local media, fans, and national baseball media as these two hires. 

I have confirmed that even JTrea himself favors these latest developments.   Kinda questioning my own opinions now tbh.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

“Sorry Jim, but our analytics show that you suck as an announcer.    Your cliches per minute are through the roof.   And by the way, a three-game hitting streak doesn’t mean squat!!   See ya!!!”

To be fair, he would always modify it with an adjective if it was a short hitting streak.   He'd call it a "modest 3 game hitting streak".

31 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I have confirmed that even JTrea himself favors these latest developments.   Kinda questioning my own opinions now tbh.  

JTrea. Haven't seen anything from him in a long time. Yes I to like the way things have turned around for the O's. 

Archived