Update: Elias brings in Sig Mejdal:

weams

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, weams said:

I'm sure he can. All 60 million of it. 

You keep saying this and it is insane.  The Orioles will spend 60 Million in payroll and still suck.  If he isn't allowed to invest significantly in infrastructure then there is no chance of success.  He is not here to suck.  And the Orioles could have hired Ned Colletti or any number of other guys to feel good about a 60 million dollar investment.

26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm on the Sig Mejdal watch.  And unfortunately, I ain't watching much.

I want Mejdal, but I’m too exhausted from the Elias watch to start another one.   I’m ready to eat some turkey, watch some football and college basketball, and recharge the batteries.    

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I want Mejdal, but I’m too exhausted from the Elias watch to start another one.   I’m ready to eat some turkey, watch some football and college basketball, and recharge the batteries.    

I hear that.  Going to go on a rampage over the next few days of stuffing my face, watching football and napping.  

it appears our new GM does not  want to rush into quick hires from the Astros system because Mike was employed by them until just recently.  He praised them as having the best system at the press conference. If he hires people and makes moves too quickly it would give the appearance he was working for the Orioles while he was still being paid by the Astros.  I have seen things like this before and sometimes companies want to hold up paying the employee their last check if it appears they were already working for their new company before their pay stopped. There will be several people from the Astros system joining him in Baltimore in all likelihood. Changes will start coming after Thanksgiving.

Archived