Roch: Decisions Still Pending

weams

16 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think Roch gets more flack because he can often be very argumentative and defensive, especially on Twitter. That's what bothers me at least. He makes some ridiculous statement, like defending Buck's decision to bat Chris Davis lead off, and then has the nerve to snap back at people when they call him out on it. He'd be better served just posting his team propaganda then walking away. 

And yet here we are, talking about him.  Giving him clicks.  Mentioning his twitter page.

I'm convinced that guys like him, and to a further degree, Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are here to take bad viewpoints and back them.   Devil's advocate, if you will.  It doesn't do any good for two talk show hosts to just sit there, make logical points and agree with each other.  No, there has to be some tension and disagreement to keep eyes on the show.  

Roch needs to keep snapping back on Twitter to increase engagement.  If he just walks away, people stop commenting/talking and he's there to...drive team propaganda and keep people engaged.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

And yet here we are, talking about him.  Giving him clicks.  Mentioning his twitter page.

I'm convinced that guys like him, and to a further degree, Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless are here to take bad viewpoints and back them.   Devil's advocate, if you will.  It doesn't do any good for two talk show hosts to just sit there, make logical points and agree with each other.  No, there has to be some tension and disagreement to keep eyes on the show.  

Roch needs to keep snapping back on Twitter to increase engagement.  If he just walks away, people stop commenting/talking and he's there to...drive team propaganda and keep people engaged.

I hear ya. We certainly live in an age of saying outlandish things just to get clicks and notoriety, but I guess the difference (to me) is that Roch is just a mouth piece for the team. So he's defending thoughts and ideas that aren't even his own. I personally stopped following him in Twitter so he had the opposite effect on me. I might be in the minority though. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I hear ya. We certainly live in an age of saying outlandish things just to get clicks and notoriety, but I guess the difference (to me) is that Roch is just a mouth piece for the team. So he's defending thoughts and ideas that aren't even his own. I personally stopped following him in Twitter so he had the opposite effect on me. I might be in the minority though. 

Yep, we are.  Skip Bayless has made a living off it.  No way anyone can be that dumb.  

Roch has a funny tweet every once in awhile, I don't really look at him religiously though.  

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yep, we are.  Skip Bayless has made a living off it.  No way anyone can be that dumb.  

Roch has a funny tweet every once in awhile, I don't really look at him religiously though.  

Have you tried listening to Vinny Cerato?

How the heck, was he ever a NFL GM?

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think Roch gets more flack because he can often be very argumentative and defensive, especially on Twitter. That's what bothers me at least. He makes some ridiculous statement, like defending Buck's decision to bat Chris Davis lead off, and then has the nerve to snap back at people when they call him out on it. He'd be better served just posting his team propaganda then walking away. 

Roch is really touchy. His Twitter arguments get to unprofessional levels. So, you're right, maybe that is a reason why he gets a lot of flack.

27 minutes ago, theocean said:

Roch is really touchy. His Twitter arguments get to unprofessional levels. So, you're right, maybe that is a reason why he gets a lot of flack.

He bans people from commenting on his blog pretty regularly for disagreeing with him. 

Archived