Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

5 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

It would be kind of poetic if part of Hyde's opening act is getting a lot from Sisco by making him feel comfortable after the story that Buck stopped Wieters-hazing in his early days as skipper.

For any roto-heads out there, I have an option to keep Sisco for $5 in my AL-only.  This was an easy no until about today.  March 1 is keeper declaration day.

I dont believe Wieters was a hazer:

"First of all, you don't put it on too big a pedestal,'' Showalter said. "J.J. (Hardy) will talk to them. He goes out of his way to start that…start to get them into the environment. We have so many guys who want to make their paths easier, instead of the normal hazing, stupid, happy B.S. that goes on. You see Wieters go out of his way. Wieters has something in common with them. He wants to make their path easier."

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont believe Wieters was a hazer:

Other way around - I think as the Chosen One some of the vets weren't too good to him when he broke in.

Here's a link from an offhand Google http://www.hanknuwer.com/baltimore-manager-bucky-showalter-no-fan-of-hazing-wash-post/ (not sure how this site relates to Washington Post), but as with some of the O's thoughts in my head, I think it also because I believe weams has said so.

13 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

It would be kind of poetic if part of Hyde's opening act is getting a lot from Sisco by making him feel comfortable after the story that Buck stopped Wieters-hazing in his early days as skipper.

For any roto-heads out there, I have an option to keep Sisco for $5 in my AL-only.  This was an easy no until about today.  March 1 is keeper declaration day.

Couldn't you not keep him and pick him up for a buck on draft day?

It just seems like $5 is higher than what he would go for.

3 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

$260 cap?  That's still a pretty easy no IMO.  Gotta believe a buck or two gets him at auction.

10 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

12-team, 2-catcher

4 minutes ago, Number5 said:

$260 cap?  That's still a pretty easy no IMO.  Gotta believe a buck or two gets him at auction.

Depends on the roster size I think...  Also if it is Maryland based with Orioles fans.

My 12 team AL with 33 man rosters, has the same setup, but he would be a likely keep if he makes the team.

If he plays, he will likely be a top hitting C, and since it is a keeper league, he will have more value next year.

C is a prime position, remember,...  

We have 23 man rosters and 10 man reserve squads for our keeper league, so he will definitely be kept

43 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I am happy for him, but if we cant be happy for Wright and his production in 4 innings, the same applies to Chance.

The question here, is, we know he can bat, but his play behind the plate was below average and thats not going to cut it.

Against whom? Someone said that the higher the uniform number, the farther from the majors the player is.

Did Sisco get his hits against front-line pitchers? Remember the issue is not just his awful defense, but how he deals with MLB pitching( which is very badly)

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Couldn't you not keep him and pick him up for a buck on draft day?

It just seems like $5 is higher than what he would go for.

That's been the thought.  In a sense this is really a question of is he becoming a favorite to earn starters playing time?  Every backup catcher is $1 ($2 at most); any starter with even a little hitting talent is >$5.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Against whom? Someone said that the higher the uniform number, the farther from the majors the player is.

Did Sisco get his hits against front-line pitchers? Remember the issue is not just his awful defense, but how he deals with MLB pitching( which is very badly)

I guess we don't ever have to worry about this guy.

aaron-judge-getty-8917-ftr_1f0t866m90xj7

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I guess we don't ever have to worry about this guy.

aaron-judge-getty-8917-ftr_1f0t866m90xj7

Maybe we can pick him up on waivers?

If what I read about numbers was incorrect, that’s fine. But the question of the quality of the guys who gave up Sisco’s offense remains a valid one.

no one doubts his ability to hit AAA pitching, but everyone has reason to doubt his ability to hit major-league pitching.

57 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Bad one season in AAA.  Not bad over a long time.  I want him to do it at the major league level but you're way overstating your case, atomic.

I don’t care about his AAA performance. His MLB showing, mainly his K rate, was bad enough that it is legitimate to question whether he is a lifetime minor leaguer and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Maybe we can pick him up on waivers?

If what I read about numbers was incorrect, that’s fine. But the question of the quality of the guys who gave up Sisco’s offense remains a valid one.

no one doubts his ability to hit AAA pitching, but everyone has reason to doubt his ability to hit major-league pitching.

I agree that Sisco is far from a sure thing.

I do think *something* odd happened last year with him.

Everybody was so hush hush, everybody was quiet about it.  And the next thing you know.