Roch Interviews Mejdal

weams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I love it how Sig is willing to suit up in uniform for a minor league team in order to teach players and coaches his practices. How many front office executives are willing to do that..  That absolutely blows me away.

Brady!    See, he and Mejdal have something in common already!

After listening to Mike's radio interview yesterday, I think Brady will be able to continue to work for the Orioles. Mike talked about Brady's passion and love for the Orioles. I definitely feel like Mike will find Brady the perfect job. Probably something to do with weight lifting or nutrition since that is something Brady is good at.

I love this quote by Sig. The guy actually likes rebuilding a team and being with a rebuilding team.

“I’ve always had a good relationship with Jeff (Luhnow). He hasn’t just been my boss, but he’s been like my best friend for 14 years. So I asked him if I could explore other opportunities, because I think I miss the, I’m not going to say ‘the rebuild,’ I think the early stages of change more so than the steady state. And he was completely understanding and completely supportive. I didn’t know where my landing spot was going to be. I knew there were a few teams looking for general managers. My guess is that there was going to be a possibility there, but I didn’t know.”

2 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

After listening to Mike's radio interview yesterday, I think Brady will be able to continue to work for the Orioles. Mike talked about Brady's passion and love for the Orioles. I definitely feel like Mike will find Brady the perfect job. Probably something to do with weight lifting or nutrition since that is something Brady is good at.

I said this in the thread about Mike getting hired and got criticized hard on it.  As long as Brady can be put in a roll and accept that roll I think he can be a force for positive change in the organization.  His ideas on physical fitness and analystics are very in line with the new organization.

I think in the pastfrom what we have heard he may have beebeen plunged into some areas that were not strengths and we saw some bad results.  But in the right place, sticking with the new plan he could be effective.

5 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I said this in the thread about Mike getting hired and got criticized hard on it.  As long as Brady can be put in a roll and accept that roll I think he can be a force for positive change in the organization.  His ideas on physical fitness and analystics are very in line with the new organization.

I think in the pastfrom what we have heard he may have beebeen plunged into some areas that were not strengths and we saw some bad results.  But in the right place, sticking with the new plan he could be effective.

I would like to put him in a cinnamon roll. 

6 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Seeing that Brady had no discernable accountability, it's hard for me to imagine what might constitute "not strengths" under the circumstances.  

Archived