Brian Graham Out

weams

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I'm beginning to think that Elias and Brady will be able to work together.   I think Brady is a smart guy and would rely on analytics in whatever his job will be with the Orioles.   

That being said, if he's still going to have a back channel to the Angelos family, he needs to go.   

I agree.

OH: "I'm surprised Brady isn't gone"

Others: Well maybe Elias likes Brady.

OH: "No, I don't like Brady, he should be gone. Elias is clueless."

Others: Maybe later today he'll get fired.

OH: "No it should've been yesterday. This is a terrible look for Elias. This team is in complete chaos."

Others: You might be jumping the gun about this...

OH: "Impossible, I've posted at least 500 times over the last ten years here on OH, I know upheaval when I see it"

Others: I mean...

OH: "This has Peter Angelos written all over it. Brady Anderson is Satan and I've burned his jersey"

Others: Whoa dude

OH: "I've also scraped the ❤️ Brady Anderson ❤️ tattoo I got shortly before the 1996 playoffs off my face"

16 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I am beginning to think even beyond this.

Peter is no longer running things. Brady is close to the sons. The sons apparently implement an entirely new approach to running the team. Mike Elias is hired.

Hence, we have Brady to thank for this new direction. He's the reason Elias is here, so he naturally fits. 

It's possible.

All reports indicated that the sons hired Elias on their own with no other input. They made it very clear that Elias is in charge of baseball operations and that he would take on the advice of the current executives during the transition. Rajsich and Graham are out. Even if Brady stays, I don't see him having a big role. It would also not surprise me if Brady is assigned a specific role or let go all together.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

How can they fired him?

I thought his contract was up at the end of Oct 2018, and they had an agreement to extend him a bit of time to get the new people selected?

I agree that this is unnecessarily harsh choice of words from Ken. Fired? Really? He's just not being renewed. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Brady is the only one left and we haven't heard anything about him yet. 

Brady's staying put for now.  Yesterday, Elias told Bust-ah Olney "um, I think we will answer those questions very well over time and see how things go and see how we can work together and build an appropriate relationship."

5 minutes ago, bobmc said:

And yet there are some "pundits" here that think we should already have a "skipper" in place.  Go figure?

"" But I will yield to the new manager’s opinion on these spots as much as possible.”

I don't see the hurry in hiring a manager at this point. I imagine he'll hire someone before Christmas, but what does it matter whether it's today, last week, or early January? The manager needs enough time to study his players and prepare for his upcoming season. Elias is the only Sheriff in acquiring players at this point. The manager will manage the players he's given in 2019. 

5 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Brady's staying put for now.  Yesterday, Elias told Bust-ah Olney "um, I think we will answer those questions very well over time and see how things go and see how we can work together and build an appropriate relationship."

Sounds like, "Let me feel him out and then I'll let you know." Regardless of if Brady stays or not, the way he operated will change. I'd bet my house on it.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Sounds like, "Let me feel him out and then I'll let you know." Regardless of if Brady stays or not, the way he operated will change. I'd bet my house on it.

But, on the other hand, the comments about starting fresh and with their own people, conflicts with keeping Brady.

Look, I dont blame Brady for half the stuff, some posters do, but I do question, why retain him, when you want a fresh slate.

I have a feeling that if Brady stays, he will be named as a Special Assistant to the EVP/GM.  Most organizations have these, and in Houston, Jeff Luhnow had 3 special assistants, all of whom were former Astros, in Craig Biggio, Roger Clemens & Enos Cabell.  Unless Elias truly feels that Brady offers no value to him or that he would go behind his back to sabotage his efforts, I think the best role for Brady would be as a special assistant that Elias has full control over.  Brady would basically be “on call” and be given various special assignments as Elias sees fit.  This would also allow Brady to keep his home base in California and fly to wherever he is needed, rather than have a main office at the warehouse.  I have a feeling Brady would be comfortable with this, not to mention it would still be a fairly prominent title/role in the organization.  We should probably find out what his role will be moving forward, if any, in the coming weeks.

Archived