Brian Graham Out

weams

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

I feel not one iota of "sorry" for Chris Davis.   "Crushing him"?   Lol.    I operate in the realm of people making choices and being responsible in their lives...all of which come with consequences.   He made choices, he continues to make choices and gets paid unbelievably for his choices and the consequence is the public scrutiny and criticism of being a celebrity.   If he feels sorry for himself, he should discuss his negative thinking with his therapist. 

Am I wrong or aren’t you a therapist?

He signed a contract that shouldn’t have been offered. That choice isn’t on him but on those who offered it. At the end of the day, I’ll reserve my negativity for that. If I’m wrong on your profession I apologize for my poor memory. 

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

He signed a contract that shouldn’t have been offered. That choice isn’t on him but on those who offered it. At the end of the day, I’ll reserve my negativity for that. If I’m wrong on your profession I apologize for my poor memory. 

I believe that Scott Boras has taken advantage of every owner he has dealt with. 

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Yes, but this is not a professional opinion.  If situational stressors are creating dysphoria for Chris, he should certainly seek therapeutic assistance.  However, therapy does not simply involve “feeling sorry” for someone.  It involves helping them understand how their own thinking and their own choices, not someone elses, directly affects how they feel.    It is hard to see how Chris choosing to sign  a lucrative contract can now be blamed on those who offered it, but OK...to each his own. 

8 minutes ago, foxfield said:

The only people harmed by the contract Chris signed are us fans. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd be retired at 34 with enough money to have me and my family secure for generations.

I'd take that over being miserable at work and away from my family for much of the next four years.

Yeah but people like you dont end up with 92 million.   

17 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Yes, but this is not a professional opinion.  If situational stressors are creating dysphoria for Chris, he should certainly seek therapeutic assistance.  However, therapy does not simply involve “feeling sorry” for someone.  It involves helping them understand how their own thinking and their own choices, not someone elses, directly affects how they feel.    It is hard to see how Chris choosing to sign  a lucrative contract can now be blamed on those who offered it, but OK...to each his own. 

Yes he is responsible. 

What?

5 hours ago, weams said:

I believe that Chris Davis is not putting forth the same efforts. Whether physical or chemical or biological  effort than he did pre BIG DEAL.

Didnt he have 3 kids a short period of time.  Probably why he didnt put forth the same effort.  But Davis hit .196 before his big contract.  I dont know why everyone didnt see this coming.  It is like all the people who wanted Schoop signed long term.  It was pretty obvious that Schoop was not going to repeat 2017 season. 

We can be thankful that the team didnt give Schoop a long term contract.  Cant change the Davis situation.  We only have one more year of Trumbo.  If Davis is the only one striking out all the time and he is playing rarely it might be easier to take.

Winter meetings begin Monday, December 10. Perfect timing for the Orioles, as it is baseball's largest job fair. Every team is there and every job seeker is there. Elias can set up his meetings ahead of time and meet with many potential hires in a few days. Meanwhile, all the media attention will be on free agent signings, trades and Scott Boras.

Brady became special assistant to Duquette in January 2012 and VP of baseball operations in February 2013. So, it seems likely to me that his contract won't expire until the end of January or February. We all know that the O's prefer to let management-level personnel be let go by not re-signing them after their contracts expire. I'll be surprised if we know any more about Brady's status until his contract is up.

7 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Winter meetings begin Monday, December 10. Perfect timing for the Orioles, as it is baseball's largest job fair. Every team is there and every job seeker is there. Elias can set up his meetings ahead of time and meet with many potential hires in a few days. Meanwhile, all the media attention will be on free agent signings, trades and Scott Boras.

Brady became special assistant to Duquette in January 2012 and VP of baseball operations in February 2013. So, it seems likely to me that his contract won't expire until the end of January or February. We all know that the O's prefer to let management-level personnel be let go by not re-signing them after their contracts expire. I'll be surprised if we know any more about Brady's status until his contract is up.

The team-issued press release announcing a “transition in baseball operations leadership” emphasized that Graham, Anderson and scouting director Gary Rajsich currently remained under contract. In other words, as you read this release. And now Rajsich and Graham are gone.

The release also stressed how the new executive to lead the baseball operations department would come from outside the organization and “have the final determination on all baseball matters that he or she believes will make the Orioles successful on the field, entertaining to fans and impactful in the community.” The door was wide open for the person hired to put his or her own stamp on the organization.

This is what’s happening. Right before our eyes.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/12/more-thoughts-on-grahams-departure-from-orioles.html

On 11/30/2018 at 10:02 AM, LookitsPuck said:

I’d hope he’s smart enough to see how the organizational structure allowed him to step on Dan’s toes.

That is true also. But what are they going to do? Tell Brady "Now you be a good little boy" and all will be well? Brady has shown he is part of that unstable "structure". It's ok to renovate, if the foundation is strong. This needs to be a ground up rebuild.

Pretty massive restructure underway before our eyes.  It is almost comical to think anyone could not see that Elias has been granted full authority of all baseball operations and activities.  It is without question the best Oriole development of the 2018 season.  The job will be massive and it seems crystal clear it is a complete rebuild of the organization.  It will take much hard work, every ounce of skill and experience that Elias has gained to date and of course it will take some good fortune.  

My favorite part of what has happened so far?  The set up.  No matter what happens from here, or how long it takes to be successful, what we are seeing places an accountability at the feet of one person.  Accountability or rather the lack of it has done more in my personal opinion to damage the chances of success for the Orioles and it made the brief period of success that much more amazing.  There were good people here already, smart people. But there were different opinions, which is healthy, but competing visions, which is not.

What we are seeing, is the remaking of the organization through the eyes of Mike Elias.  I congratulate the Angelosons for taking this step, even if the peering eyes of MLB drove them to do so.  We should not diminish that in order to stay in control of the Orioles, the Angelosons need the approval of MLB.  Removing the stain of dysfunction will take some time, but the Angelosons have set a course and appointed a captain that appears to be hard at work on that already.  After complaining about a lack of accountability and clear control on the day that the 2018 season ended, I now see an organization with one voice.  And I see an organization that is methodically working to remove the access of almost every person accountable for the past.  

It's gonna be a long and winding road.  But I like the thoughts about what it could look like when we get where we are going.  

I hope I can be patient.  My inner child already wants to know...

Are we there yet?

Archived