The Orioles Are Hiring

weams

32 minutes ago, TGO said:

For people who were worried about the website, the listings are on the orioles site: https://www.mlb.com/orioles/team/job-opportunities/full-time

I didn't see the listing for "  Wanted:  Nutrition and exercise conditioning coach.  Also must be skilled at interfering with the GM in major contract deals with free agents and current players. 

Oh yes, I forgot...that one is already filled. 

6 hours ago, atomic said:

I meet all the requirements for that job. Even the desired ones.  Well I dont meet meet requirement to work untraditional hours.  

It will be difficult for us to get used to but we all must sacrifice for this. 

6 hours ago, byrdz said:

Python is likely the primary need since it's so heavily used in data science.

If you have Python/Django/MySQL experience you should give it a shot!  ☺️

I have python and django plus Oracle and SQL Server.  Also Java.  I would apply if not for  night and weekend requirement.  My wife works a lot of weekends so not possible. I also have computer science and psychology degrees so it would interesting to work with Sig who also Pyschology degree plus engineering degree.

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I have python and django plus Oracle and SQL Server.  Also Java.  I would apply if not for  night and weekend requirement.  My wife works a lot of weekends so not possible. I also have computer science and psychology degrees so it would interesting to work with Sig who also Pyschology degree plus engineering degree.

I think it is an opportunity of a lifetime. Make the sacrifice!

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder if the pay is in line with other fields that require equivalent applicants?

It's in baseball and not some other discipline. So as it is not an entertainment position, I expect the level of comp is not what someone would make in Dubai or Saskatchewan. 

With my daughter pregnant, my son-in-law Alan, who has degrees in mathematics, physics, and is also an actuary, is looking for work here in Maryland. They live in Utah, but want to come home and raise the baby here.  Having recently become an Actuary, which involves compiling and analyzing statistics, would seemingly be a big help, but I wonder if Alan's lack of knowledge about baseball would be a major negative if he were to be interested in a position with the Orioles? Regardless, if anyone knows of an Actuary position available, or a job involving teaching math, shoot me a message. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:05 PM, now said:

Wow. One person can do all that? Amazing, if they can find such a person.

Haha. Yeah, it's amazing how broad the description can be for developers. I would bet that if someone knows all these programming languages, their HTML and CSS doesn't look pretty. I'm sure they can write it, but presentation and accessibility is another story. This would be my dream job, but I'm on the Front-End and not quite up to speed on all of those languages.

Archived