Thoughts about David Hess in 2019?

Frobby

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Is this it for now for Hess in the rotation?

I think we are doing him a disservice at this point by keeping him in the majors.    He needs to go to AAA and regain his bearings.   

Of course, I don’t like the alternatives for replacing him, either.   Akin would probably be an upgrade but I’d rather keep him developing in AAA for another month or two.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think we are doing him a disservice at this point by keeping him in the majors.    He needs to go to AAA and regain his bearings.   

Of course, I don’t like the alternatives for replacing him, either.   Akin would probably be an upgrade but I’d rather keep him developing in AAA for another month or two.   

I agree with this.  I'd just let Ynoa or Ramirez eat some starts for a couple of months until Akin gets some more time.  

I predict we will see Akin in Baltimore by the end of June. 

Hess and Straily can't last long in the rotation at this pace and I don't think the organization sees Ynoa and Ramirez as starters.  Ramirez had his shot last year and was terrible. 

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How is more time in the minors going to help?

He can (1) work on stuff without feeling like he’s letting the team down, and (2) perhaps regain some confidence, which has got to be running at about zero right now.  

Just now, Frobby said:

He can (1) work on stuff without feeling like he’s letting the team down, and (2) perhaps regain some confidence, which has got to be running at about zero right now.  

So he wouldn't feel bad if he let his minor league teammates down?

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Him, not you.

Ah, thank you grasshopper. 

I really don’t care if there isn’t anything for him to learn in AAA. He’s not a ML pitcher right now. 

They send him down and at a minimum maybe he faces less quality hitters and he gets some confidence back. Keeping him on the ML roster to get bludgeoned each time out serves no purpose.

Archived