A few nuggets....

bigbird

Keep in mind Trembley was not AM's first choice to begin with.

Yeah, but his first choice snubbed us. If he had any other choices, he didn't have to lock Trembley up last August, he could have kept him interim til the end of the season, then pursued them. Giving Trembley a little over one year, and only one season after the rebuild officially started would be kind of insulting.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK Bill Hall

Why haven't we made this deal? I'd consider it a no brainer. SS or 3B hes better than anyone we have.

Maybe they think they can get more from the Dodgers??? Note I said they were "rumored" to be offering.

Thanks again bigbird.

Can you go into any more detail if you can about Trembley not being a lock for next year?

Wouldn't surprise me to see us let Trembley go and go after Girardi if he's fired after this season. Kranitz would probably stay on because he and Girardi worked together...

I don't think his fate should have anything to do with what this year's team does or doesn't do. The bottomline, is Trembley instilling proper values and fundamentals? Is he getting the players to do things the right way and is he getting them to play hard? If you acknowledge that the team is a couple of years from competing then how you can you judge Trembley by the success of the team before then? Just a general you by the way Lucky Jim, not referring directly to you Spencer.;)

Well, let's look at the fundamentals. For all of our talk about them, how much have they improved?

How has his bullpen management been?

I mean, again, I like him and would bring him back. But it's not necessarily the case that he's so obviously so good that he's a lock to come back.

Keep in mind Trembley was not AM's first choice to begin with.

Giradi was, correct? He's not available now. Do they have an idea of who they'd go after? I'd really disagree with the decision if they were to let Trembley go. He's been nothing but great for us.

Thanks as always for the info Bigbird!

Read into these as little or as much as you want....

Trembley is not a lock to return in 2009

Bradford may well be the first guy traded. The Brewers are interested and are rumored to be offering Hall and a low level prospect. LAD may also be interested depending on how Broxton does in the closers role for them over the next 2 weeks.

We hope to find a taker for Walker too.

We will eat a chunk of Ramon Hernandez's 2009 contract but have yet to find any takers.

It will take 2 major league ready young players to get Sherrill. Lots of interest since the AS game.

With the current state of the starting staff don't look for Cabrera to be traded.

Not much talk about Millar.

Mets have scouted Payton.

Wondering if Belkast or any of the other guys have heard anything recently....

As always, I appreciate your nuggets...errrr, bits....errrr, I just can't win! :D

Trembley.. should be a lock, unsure why not.

Bradford for Hall+... interesting, but I don't want Hall. I'd prefer a good prospect.

Sherrill... not surprised, but don't see us getting that return. I'd love to see it happen though.

Yeah, but his first choice snubbed us. If he had any other choices, he didn't have to lock Trembley up last August, he could have kept him interim til the end of the season, then pursued them. Giving Trembley a little over one year, and only one season after the rebuild officially started would be kind of insulting.

But you don;t know who will be available in a few months...

Firing DT would be asinine IMO. He's exactly what a rebuilding team needs. He's a no-nonsense kind of guy. He makes players take accountability. He stresses fundamentals (even though this current bunch doesn't reflect that). I'd be extremely disappointed if AM lets him go.

I'd trade Bradford for Hall yesterday.

I'd trade Walker for anything. Ditto for Ramon.

The asking price for Sherrill seems about right. I wouldn't deal him unless we get something that significantly helps the future.

I can see waiting for the offseason to deal Cabrera. Him and Guts are the only guys who regularly go more than 5 IP.

I like what Trembley has done, but if they hire someone better, I wouldn't complain.

If the offer for Bradford is that, then I say you do it and hope they don't come to their senses. He can be our SS for the next 5 years, while we develop a better one. I was only hoping to get cash and a lower level prospect for him, so that's ideal.

I wouldn't expect a taker for Walker.

Are the Fish really not interested in Ramon?

Can you tell us what teams are interested in Sherrill?

I like the Cabrera news. I think he's finally turned a mental corner, and the stuff is still there.

I didn't think anyone was interested in Millar. Intangibles are probably hardly a subject of trade among teams, and that is almost all he has to offer.

If the Mets have scouted Payton, then you send him to them while he's high, that's what I reply!

What would make a better manager in your opinion? The only thing I can think of is someone with a little better bullpen management and with a little more "fire" (see: gets in more arguments over blown calls)...

Well, let's look at the fundamentals. For all of our talk about them, how much have they improved?

How has his bullpen management been?

I mean, again, I like him and would bring him back. But it's not necessarily the case that he's so obviously so good that he's a lock to come back.

Well I agree with what you say...I just figured it was a no brainer that he would be back for at least another year. If not then I'm not sure why he was extended in the first place. But I agree that he probably gets a little more hype around these parts than he maybe deserves.

Thanks, bb. Nice to hear of the interest in Bradford and Sherrill.

Glad to hear the final chapter is not written on Trembley. The team is in a bad funk right now and we do not know how bad it will be. I find DT's handling of the bp to be of serious concern.

Yeah but isn't the team in a funk because, other than Guthrie and Cabrera, the starters are only going like 3-4 innings a start?

Seriously, if we go back after Girardi because he gets fired, I think I might get sick. It just seems...wrong.

If we hire Girardi I will cry. I loathe that man with all that is in my soul. If I had to chose between hiring Girardi or Hitler, I'd call it a push.

Firing DT would be asinine IMO. He's exactly what a rebuilding team needs. He's a no-nonsense kind of guy. He makes players take accountability. He stresses fundamentals (even though this current bunch doesn't reflect that). I'd be extremely disappointed if AM lets him go.

I'd trade Bradford for Hall yesterday.

I'd trade Walker for anything. Ditto for Ramon.

The asking price for Sherrill seems about right. I wouldn't deal him unless we get something that significantly helps the future.

I can see waiting for the offseason to deal Cabrera. Him and Guts are the only guys who regularly go more than 5 IP.

Our base running stinks. Use of the bullpen is questionable. In play decisions by players is also bad. These things should be corrected and they're not.

Archived