Brandon Hyde on Hotstove tonight 6-7 PM

weams

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder if actually is or if he was just being polite and talking them up?

This time of year, I’d think some of them might be better qualified than others who are sitting around.’   But who knows if they fit what Hyde wants.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I suspect being polite.  If he wants to hire them, there is nothing from stopping him at the moment and I am sure they would take the job this late in the game. 

Hyde indicated that he spoke with or left messages for pitching coach Roger McDowell, bench coach John Russell, first base coach Wayne Kirby and third base coach Bobby Dickerson.

“I spent this whole week on the phone talking to the coaches that were on the staff (this) year, talking to possible coaches coming in. Just really getting to know kind of the landscape of where the organization is,” Hyde said.

“I’ve been through it. I’ve been through changes before and I have a lot of sentiments to the guys that are on the staff that are on hold. I’ve done it twice. It’s a terrible feeling, so I definitely wanted to reach out to those guys and kind of let them know that ...

“I was 100 percent honest with them. ‘I’m not sure what’s going on, to be honest with you, but I want you to know that I’m thinking about you and we’re not dismissing anybody at this time.’ I just wanted them to know that I’m here for a phone call."

The report wasn’t accurate,” Hyde said. “There was interest from both sides and as the week went along we talked more and it’s very fortunate that we got it done. But yeah, I think that there was ... a lot of times things come out a little too quick and it was one of those where we were kind of caught in too quick of a moment.

“There were a lot of no responses on texts from me because there was nothing to respond to. There wasn’t anything going on. I was just letting the smoke clear and see what happens.”

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe a little of both. Did the hitting coach land elsewhere, and wait, wasn't this a 115 loss team, so it had to be bad coaching. :):):)

I think Buck had some good coaches around, and Hyde is considering them among the other available coaches.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

This time of year, I’d think some of them might be better qualified than others who are sitting around.’   But who knows if they fit what Hyde wants.

If Roger McDowell is the pitching coach next year I have zero confidence in Hyde.  

Archived