Nick Markakis

jrobb21613

5 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I think if you look at the young talent we have on the team now and say these are the pieces that are going to be a part of the next winning orioles team than you sign a guy like kakes now, however if you feel that it’s the opposite and that the young young talent to mentor isn’t here yet you wait. However I don’t think we wait to sign veteran leadership until we’re ready to win I think we do it when we have the young players in place and we are really ready to develop and mentor.

I think that was sort of the rationale of the Braves when they signed Nick before they were ready to win.   But he was 31 then. He was able to hang around while the team developed.    At 35 I don’t think he has the staying power.    We’re talking about my favorite Oriole player of the last 15 years.   As a fan, I’d absolutely love to have Nick back here.    I just don’t think he’s a fit at the salary he can get elsewhere. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, terphoopsfan said:

If Elias had PA instead of the Sons you think he'd have a better chance of implementing stuff than DD? You might need to go back and check PA's interference thru the years.Some of the hot takes on this board are really hard to fathom at times.

If Peter was still the head man I seriously Doubt Elias would have taken the job in the first place. 

Archived