House released! (Headed To Boston?)

Frobby

I'll say it.

We never saw him contribute on the ML level. We have no idea what he would have done here.

Yeah, we have the fancy stats that can predict it all and thats all nice, cute and good.

But at the end of the day, it's a minor leaguer who's been released. He's nothing more than a "What if?" and a fantasy for people who want to see the O's find a hidden gem (and I think we've found our hidden gem - Guthrie - that the baseball gods will allow for the next 10, 15 years)

Now if he catches on an ML team and pulls a Cust, thats one thing. But if he remains a career minor leaguer, I'll still be saying it's not a big deal.

Let's not forget House asked for the release himself, it's not like we canned him, there is a difference here.

Of course it sounds like we didn't make an effort to keep him.

Whatever.

I hope he catches on somewhere else and makes us learn that Fahey isn't the answer to what ails this team...

Nobody's really given him a chance on the major league level. He's only 27.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say it.

We never saw him contribute on the ML level. We have no idea what he would have done here.

Yeah, we have the fancy stats that can predict it all and thats all nice, cute and good.

But at the end of the day, it's a minor leaguer who's been released. He's nothing more than a "What if?" and a fantasy for people who want to see the O's find a hidden gem (and I think we've found our hidden gem - Guthrie - that the baseball gods will allow for the next 10, 15 years)

Now if he catches on an ML team and pulls a Cust, thats one thing. But if he remains a career minor leaguer, I'll still be saying it's not a big deal.

Let's not forget House asked for the release himself, it's not like we canned him, there is a difference here.

Whatever.

I hope he catches on somewhere else and makes us learn that Fahey isn't the answer to what ails this team...

Hi, Mike Flanagan.

Nobody's really given him a chance on the major league level. He's only 27.

Well, I hope he finds a place to catch on and contribute somewhere. I've heard nothing but good things about the guy.

And can you really blame him for wanting a release? It's gotta feel like a kick in the nuts to see Bako and Fahey on the team. I'll leave Bynum out cause he actually seems to bring a little bit of something to the table.

I can't stand the attitude here that if a guy isn't a potential all star he doesn't matter at all.

This team still sucks. We are not contenders. We do not have the ability to pass over guys who are "merely" potentially league average performers because we still have plenty of guys on our roster who are worse than league average.

Moose, it's not like it isn't the O's fault he asked for his release. Of course I won't blame him. I will blame the Orioles.

Hi, Mike Flanagan.

Not really, no. If I were running the show, House and Knott would be up here.

But I'm not about to cry and complain about a minor leaguer being released. There's stuff more important in the world...there's a slight difference, IMO.

And, if you're surprised about this (or not over it by now) I'd venture to guess you haven't been watching this team long enough. Just another brick in the wall, so to speak.

I'll say it.

Whatever.

Well Moose since you brought it up....Jack Cust is one of 5 everyday MLers that currently have an OPS over 1.000! Yes I said 1 of 5!

So I guess the moral of the story is once shame on me twice shame on you...it's time to start learning from the mistakes. Knott gets called up jacks a ball 500 ft and has his bags packed the next morning. I wouldnt be surprised if he followed suit!

Not really, no. If I were running the show, House and Knott would be up here.

But I'm not about to cry and complain about a minor leaguer being released. There's stuff more important in the world...there's a slight difference, IMO.

And, if you're surprised about this (or not over it by now) I'd venture to guess you haven't been watching this team long enough. Just another brick in the wall, so to speak.

Oh, I'm not surprised about it at all.

But I'd like to think that something has changed. That they'll learn something. Anything. Eventually.

But no. Another brick in the wall and I keep banging my head on that wall.

Well Moose since you brought it up....Jack Cust is one of 5 everyday MLers that currently have an OPS over 1.000! Yes I said 1 of 5!

So I guess the moral of the story is once shame on me twice shame on you...it's time to start learning from the mistakes. Knott gets called up jacks a ball 500 ft and has his bags packed the next morning. I wouldnt be surprised if he followed suit!

Yeah, but let's be honest, how many times does a Jack Cust happen? I see your point, but what are the chances of House ending up like that?

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Knott packing his bags, too.

I guess my official stance is that I'm just too tired of **** like this happening to care.

Jack Cust was always a great hitter. He just could not play any position. House appears to be a good hitter, but nowhere near the level of Jack Cust. He evidently can not play any position to a major league level either. He evidently has an arm that would never allow him to play at a major league level at catcher. Weiters will be signed soon if I am reading the tea leaves and a September call up was not what House was after. Good luck J.R., we hardly knew ya.

Archived