House released! (Headed To Boston?)

Frobby

I dont think throwing is the problem. There is more to the position than prevention of stolen bases.

His arm is what seems to have always been the big question mark. I believe his injury was a shoulder injury.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If House couldn't throw to 2B then there was no way he was playing catcher anywhere, even Norfolk. So that whole statement is absurd.

Sports Guy pretty much laid out what the Orioles rationale will be with this, right or wrong.

(though in my opinion, it's horribly wrong, but I've said that before)

He actually is one hell of a quarterback, and until two years ago, held almost every West Virginia and some national records for a quarterback. Out of little ol' Nitro High School in Nitro, West By God, he is one hell of a quarterback who could have been a Weinke-esque backup if he had stayed in school last year.

I know all of this I remember when he was at UWV but that still doesnt answer the question.

I wonder if House asked for his release with the knowledge that he had a good chance of catching on somewhere else...

I think that would be a logical assumption....and doubt that he's walking away from baseball to play football somewhere. I'm sure there are teams who are looking for a solid bat in their lineup....except for the O's, ie....:rolleyes:

If House couldn't throw to 2B then there was no way he was playing catcher anywhere, even Norfolk. So that whole statement is absurd.

Sports Guy pretty much laid out what the Orioles rationale will be with this, right or wrong.

(though in my opinion, it's horribly wrong, but I've said that before)

I know that he can throw the ball to 2nd but he defense and arm strength have always been questioned. He was however the starting catcher for our AAA team so could he possibly be worse then Bako?

What question? Why he was released? Or how he could play football? Throwing a baseball is a whole hell of a lot different from throwing a football. Ask Drew Henson while you're at it.

I have played both and trust me if he doesnt have the arm strength to be a catcher I would highly doubt he has the strength to be a QB on any professional level.

Guest oriofan8

Maybe he asked for his release because he got pissed because Norfolk promoted catcher Ryan Hubele from BaySox. Maybe he even got "ugly" about it.

Sometimes I think the O's brass does stuff like this and then gets on the OH to watch the reactions and just laugh. Can't you see Duq and Flanny chatting on AIM about this while their offices are right next to each other?

Duq: "Dood, OMFG, House is gone, let's see what happens on the board when they find out"

Flanny: "LOLZZZ DOOD! How long ago was he released?"

Duq: "Like 10 mins, I think it'll be soon b4 the news hits...OMG OMG FROBBY POSTED THE THREAD LOLZZZZ!!!11"

Flanny: "LAWL their gunna go nutz cuz of this, i can't wait to see what the reaction is."

Duq: "LOLZERS SG just called you retarded and my biatch, hahahahahaha! It's funny cuz it's troo!"

Flanny: "OMFG that wasnt kewl but they're up in arms fo sho, what else can we do?"

Duq: "Dunno...hire Dusty Baker? dunno."

Flanny: "LAWL i'm callin him rite now!"

Duq: "OMFGZ OMFGZ dude, do it!"

Like kids with a magnifying glass and an ant farm.

Excuse me, I'm just delirious now. Gotta find humor in everything.

I think we have to be careful with our perception that Bako is not a good defensive catcher. Yes, he has 6 passed balls and it seems to me that he drops a lot of pitches. However, teams do not run on him very much for whatever reason (16 SB's in 31 starts the last time I looked). And BP's Rate/Rate2 has him right at 100. I think it is safe to say that House could be a lot worse than Bako defensively, despite Bako's shortcomings.

The real issue here is why the Orioles did not think House's bat could help us. I hope he catches on with another team and gets a lot of AB so we can see what we missed.

I mean really, what is going on.

We've now released two guys who actually could help make us a better team. Williamson was pitching well (when they actually used him) and House could have helped us at 1B or DH.

Meanwhile, we have an entire bench full of some of the worst baseball players in the league.

How you can release a guy like House while guys like Fahey, Bynum and Bako are on your major league roster, is beyond me.

We've now released two guys who actually could help make us a better team. Williamson was pitching well (when they actually used him) and House could have helped us at 1B or DH.

Meanwhile, we have an entire bench full of some of the worst baseball players in the league.

How you can release a guy like House while guys like Fahey, Bynum and Bako are on your major league roster, is beyond me.

Maybe, just maybe, MacPhail is scheming and plotting to make some trades at the end of the month and get some AAA ready talent up here. Clearing roster room, in other words.

Which doesn't make sense, Williamson could have netted us something in a package deal.

Who knows. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they will be released soon too?????

One can only hope...

To Mr. House - Godspeed! I wish you the best of luck and I hope that some team (ten bucks says it's OAKLAND) gives you the chance to prove your mettle in the bigs. I'm just sorry it couldn't have been here in B-More.

To the Orioles Front Office - Thank you for not letting me forget that, in spite of recent changes (apparently cosmetic), you are still the same comfortable, incompetent Orioles of the last decade.

Archived