Olney suggests Sherill to the Sawx???

Roll Tide

The Red Sox, Olney says, would probably love to land Sherrill and have prospects to offer, but isn't sure the O's would trade with a division rival.

I would hope Mcphail could get it done for the right package. I dont think the philosophy of not dealing in the division still hold true... Eh Right???

Would might it take for a Sherrill to the Red Sox deal to work. :scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Red Sox, Olney says, would probably love to land Sherrill and have prospects to offer, but isn't sure the O's would trade with a division rival.

I would hope Mcphail could get it done for the right package. I dont think the philosophy of not dealing in the division still hold true... Eh Right???

Would might it take for a Sherrill to the Red Sox deal to work. :scratchchinhmm:

Lowrie would be a good place to start.

You can't trade sherrill to someone in our division, that doesnt do us any good. We'd run into him in the ninth one day and he'd shut us down.

If the package coming back makes us a better team in the future, then we can deal Sherril to whatever team we want.

How about Lowrie, Oscar Tejada, and Aaron Bates?

Lowrie and Bowden/Anderson and you probably have to swallow hard and make that trade. Anderson and Lowrie would fill holes and if Bowden was acquired, we'd have the three of the best young pitching prospects in the majors.

They'd make their ballgames a seven inning game. Sherrill setting up Papelbon would be devistating.

Think Rivera-Wetland and Rodriguez-Percival.

Which is why you have to ask for the moon and the stars to move Sherrill to the Red Sox. God the concept of that just makes me ill...

Can you imagine Red Sux Nation adopting the Flat Breezy? :puke::puke::puke:

I'd much rather have Bowden than Anderson. I'd rather have Chris Carter than Anderson or Bates too. If we could somehow get Lowrie and Bowden then you have to seriously consider it. Other teams maybe something like:

BOS - Lowrie, Bowden

MIL - Gamel, Gillespie

LAD - LaRoche, McDonald, DeJesus

TB - Brignac, Hellickson

That would be great and if an offer like those comes along you really have to consider it.

You can't trade sherrill to someone in our division, that doesnt do us any good. We'd run into him in the ninth one day and he'd shut us down.

Might that also be the case for the guys the Red Sox trade us? The Orioles are so far from contending right now that I wouldn't be concerned about where we trade our available players. Not picking on you but this same thought process by Uncle Pete has crippled the Orioles for a long time. I honestly believe whomever offers the best package is the team we ought to deal with regardless of the division.

Archived