Olney suggests Sherill to the Sawx???

Roll Tide

:cussing:

I totallly and vehemently disagree with your last statement. Nobody ever is going to "hurt" the Yankees or Redsox long or short run. NEVER! That is why you never give them anything. I cannot believe the logic here regarding this. It is just dumbfounding to the empth degree!These aren't normal teams with limited payrolls we are talking about here! Your theory might have some weight if the Yankees and Boston were comparable (smaller market teams) to the Orioles but obviously they are NOT! So you never want to "help" them get better, short term, long term or EVER~!#@:cussing: and you sure as all get out aren't going to hurt them ever either.

How in the heck do you think the two Evil Empires have remained at the top so long? They take or rape all the talent they can year after year. You really think taking a prospect or two from them will "hurt" them in the long run????? You gotta be kidding me or joking. They just go out and sign the highest priced and most talented replacement out there. Prospects mean nothing to them. That will never change until they put some sort of salary cap in place and the union won't allow it. Sorry, but trading to them is like cutting yourself in the throat while getting the services of a doctor for free.

You dont believe they would regret facing guys like Hughes or Kennedy in the future if they become the players they are projected to be??? Beside while Sherrill has done the job this year other than the week he blew 2 or 3 gams in a row he puts a lot of guys on base & its a high wire act. I believe that sooner or later that type of continued problem will be a detriment. Just my opinion.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You dont believe they would regret facing guys like Hughes or Kennedy in the future if they become the players they are projected to be??? Beside while Sherrill has done the job this year other than the week he blew 2 or 3 gams in a row he puts a lot of guys on base & its a high wire act. I believe that sooner or later that type of continued problem will be a detriment. Just my opinion.

I don't totally disagree with you but if these prospects pan out, they may become FA's and the damn Yankees or Sox will overpay and steal them back anyway! Furthermore, I also think Boston uses Sherrill as a setup guy and I see him being lights out in that role. He will become their replacement for Timlin, and of course the Yankees need a replacement for Rivera and Sherrill would be a good fit there as well either as a setup guy or closer. I just shudder at the thought of helping either of them. So why not just avoid them entirely? It just makes good sense to me. Trade him to the NL like they did Tejada.

Just so you know, it's the opinion of MOST posters on this board.

Just so you know, it's the opinion of MOST posters on this board.

What is? Unless there was a poll I missed what are you talking about?:confused:

I don't think there was a poll that indicated the majority of Oriole fans here are not satisfied with Sherrill as the closer this season or think he will eventually fall apart. I also would think that most would agree that Sherrill has far surpassed anything Chris Ray would have done had he not gotten injured. Who cares if Sherrill has allowed runners as long as they don't score and he gets the save? That is all that counts in the end.

:cussing:

I totallly and vehemently disagree with your last statement. Nobody ever is going to "hurt" the Yankees or Redsox long or short run. NEVER! That is why you never give them anything. I cannot believe the logic here regarding this. It is just dumbfounding to the empth degree!These aren't normal teams with limited payrolls we are talking about here! Your theory might have some weight if the Yankees and Boston were comparable (smaller market teams) to the Orioles but obviously they are NOT! So you never want to "help" them get better, short term, long term or EVER~!#@:cussing: and you sure as all get out aren't going to hurt them ever either.

How in the heck do you think the two Evil Empires have remained at the top so long? They take or rape all the talent they can year after year. You really think taking a prospect or two from them will "hurt" them in the long run????? You gotta be kidding me or joking. They just go out and sign the highest priced and most talented replacement out there. Prospects mean nothing to them. That will never change until they put some sort of salary cap in place and the union won't allow it. Sorry, but trading to them is like cutting yourself in the throat while getting the services of a doctor for free.

If you follow this logic all the way through, then it makes even more sense to take a trade package from them if it's the best one available. If the Evil Empires will be very strong every year regardless of whether we trade them Sherrill (because they'll just sign some big $ free agents), then we are only hurting ourselves by taking them out of the realm of possible trade partners. They have nothing to lose, and we have possibilities from their farm system to lose.

Archived