Olney suggests Sherill to the Sawx???

Roll Tide

You can't trade sherrill to someone in our division, that doesnt do us any good. We'd run into him in the ninth one day and he'd shut us down.

That's too close-minded. Our division is one of the best divisions prospect-wise, and preventing us to ever trade there is very stupid. Besides, Sherrill wouldn't close against us.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Ravenbird, Lowrie isn't enough but add in somebody like Bowden and both teams are winners - the Sox in the short run and the O's in the long run.

Tillman, Bowden, Arrieta, Matusz, Bergsen, Patton, Hernandez - are you kidding me?

Guest oriofan8
They'd make their ballgames a seven inning game. Sherrill setting up Papelbon would be devistating.

Think Rivera-Wetland and Rodriguez-Percival.

Kinda what I was thinking....:scratchchinhmm:

So what?

Lowrie could be our SS for the next 8 years.....He'd have a bigger impact both for us and against the Sox than Sherrill would with them and against us.

Do the Red Sox have anyone else in their system that they see as a SS? If not don't think they would trade Lowrie.

I'm drooling at the thought of Lowrie and Bowden and I'd have to do that. Plus, it gives me a reason to watch the playoffs because I love Sherrill as a person and a player.

Side Note - is it possible to write a stipulation in a trade contract that a certain player cannot play against a certain team? Is that even possible?

I'd much rather have Bowden than Anderson. I'd rather have Chris Carter than Anderson or Bates too. If we could somehow get Lowrie and Bowden then you have to seriously consider it. Other teams maybe something like:

BOS - Lowrie, Bowden

MIL - Gamel, Gillespie

LAD - LaRoche, McDonald, DeJesus

TB - Brignac, Hellickson

That would be great and if an offer like those comes along you really have to consider it.

Anderson is one of the best 1st base prospects in the game. He's only 20 and playing in Portland (AA)

Would you do Lowrie and Bowden - seems like an Andy Mac kind of move. A young SS who can hopefully hold down the fort and a good young pitcher to add to the stable.

Man like I said I'd swallow hard, but ultimately I'd pull the trigger because Lowrie takes away their MI depth and Bowden takes away from their SP depth.

Archived