Orioles claim Austin Brice Designate Valera (Traded to Giants for CC)

jrobb21613

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anxiously awaiting wildcards take on this and how it pertains to what Elias did in Houston.

Also waiting for the token "I wonder what analytics can do for this guy" post.

This is a Hyde move.   Brice was drafted by the Marlins when Hyde was bench coach/Manager for a short time.

Brice is a reliever with 3 pitches but  his command is inconsistent.  He is out of options.  He gets a shot to show what he has got in ST but if its not enough he has never been outrighted.  If he passes through waivers he has to accept an assignment to Norfolk.

I have not figured out who Elias/Hyde values.   Meisinger and now Valera have been DFA'd but Hart, Susac and Wright remain.    I thought Valera had some as at 2B if Villar gets traded at the deadline.  Valera has an option left.  Just goes to show that my opinion in not is sync with the new leaders..........yet.

Just now, interloper said:

I didn't. 

His fourseam fastball generates an extremely high number of swings & misses compared to other pitchers' fourseamers, has heavy sinking action, results in somewhat more flyballs compared to other pitchers' fourseamers, has slight armside run and has slightly above average velo.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

This is a Hyde move.   Brice was drafted by the Marlins when Hyde was bench coach/Manager for a short time.

Brice is a reliever with 3 pitches but  his command is inconsistent.  He is out of options.  He gets a shot to show what he has got in ST but if its not enough he has never been outrighted.  If he passes through waivers he has to accept an assignment to Norfolk.

I have not figured out who Elias/Hyde values.   Meisinger and now Valera have been DFA'd but Hart, Susac and Wright remain.    I thought Valera had some as at 2B if Villar gets traded at the deadline.  Valera has an option left.  Just goes to show that my opinion in not is sync with the new leaders..........yet.

I don't think Hyde has any input in personnel decisions.

15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think it's a stretch that it would be a "Hyde move".   Does a bench coach really have a lot of impact/involvement in drafting?   I tend to doubt it.  

I agree that we have yet to get a good "feel" for what Elias values, based on the extremely limited set of moves he has made so far.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think it's a stretch that it would be a "Hyde move".   Does a bench coach really have a lot of impact/involvement in drafting?   I tend to doubt it.  

I agree that we have yet to get a good "feel" for what Elias values, based on the extremely limited set of moves he has made so far.

Especially when we're just 40 man tinkering with waiver claims and Rule 5 guys. We may learn a little more with a major league signing and after seeing our draft selections.

Archived