Orioles claim Austin Brice Designate Valera (Traded to Giants for CC)

jrobb21613

23 minutes ago, wildcard said:

This is a Hyde move.   Brice was drafted by the Marlins when Hyde was bench coach/Manager for a short time.

Brice is a reliever with 3 pitches but  his command is inconsistent.  He is out of options.  He gets a shot to show what he has got in ST but if its not enough he has never been outrighted.  If he passes through waivers he has to accept an assignment to Norfolk.

I have not figured out who Elias/Hyde values.   Meisinger and now Valera have been DFA'd but Hart, Susac and Wright remain.    I thought Valera had some as at 2B if Villar gets traded at the deadline.  Valera has an option left.  Just goes to show that my opinion in not is sync with the new leaders..........yet.

Please no. There is no Elias/Hyde, For the love of god. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think it's a stretch that it would be a "Hyde move".   Does a bench coach really have a lot of impact/involvement in drafting?   I tend to doubt it.  

I agree that we have yet to get a good "feel" for what Elias values, based on the extremely limited set of moves he has made so far.

Maybe saying its a Hyde move is too strong.  There is a connection between Hyde and Brice.  They were both with the Marlins at the same time for almost three years.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think it's a stretch that it would be a "Hyde move".   Does a bench coach really have a lot of impact/involvement in drafting?   I tend to doubt it.  

I agree that we have yet to get a good "feel" for what Elias values, based on the extremely limited set of moves he has made so far.

It will be years before we get this cat figured out. 

How many guys do we have on the 40 man?

Somehow I can only come up with 39, and am wondering if I am missing anyone?

Where is the best up to date 40 man roster site on the web?   I don't care if it doesn't have Brice/Valera moves, that's a 1 for 1.   But I'd like to see the 40 man roster at least as it was this morning so I can figure out who is missing from my list.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Guess they like Wilkerson better Valera.

Or Valera SS/2B was expendable because of Jackson and Martin who are better prospects. Wilkerson's ability to play 3B is probably what kept him on the roster. Valera/Wilkerson are basically a coin flip value-wise IMO.

Regarding Brice, I think he's an interesting addition, I'll have more on him later. 

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

How many guys do we have on the 40 man?

Somehow I can only come up with 39, and am wondering if I am missing anyone?

Where is the best up to date 40 man roster site on the web?   I don't care if it doesn't have Brice/Valera moves, that's a 1 for 1.   But I'd like to see the 40 man roster at least as it was this morning so I can figure out who is missing from my list.

There are 40 names here. http://m.mlb.com/bal/roster

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Maybe saying its a Hyde move is too strong.  There is a connection between Hyde and Brice.  They were both with the Marlins at the same time for almost three years.

I live in Florida, so I am probably involved in this decision, even though they didn't ask for my advice.

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Wait.

I think he's a pitch design and pitch mix improvement candidate (short article on Brice coming in the morning) which fits more with a Elias/Mejdal pick-up. Maybe they called Hyde for an opinion on his makeup/coachability. 

Archived