Orioles Entertainment?

AceKing

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not a fan of contemporary country but I love classic country.  Sadly most of the classic artists are gone.  Lorreta Lynn is still around but she might not be touring anymore.  Emmylou Harris is still though.  I saw Ricki Skaggs with his wife's band the Whites at the Grand Ole Opry and they were pretty good. 

Is Gillian Welch considered country? I wouldn't mind seeing her or Allison Kraus.

I like Alison Krauss. I'm not a fan of classic country, but I can listen to bluegrass.  That's in my blood.  Family from western Virginia, and my great-uncle Mutt played mandolin at least a few times each with Ralph Stanley and Bill Monroe.

56 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

91. Indonesian beer drinking songs
92. Lullabye renditions of music by '80s hair bands
93. Barbershop quintets
94. The Cheyenne, Wyoming rap scene
95. Debbie Gibson's holiday albums
96. Uzbek folk music
97. Tuvan throat singing (should be higher, need to revise list)
98.  Atonal, arrhythmic noise bands
99. Grindcore bands with parrots as lead singers
100. Viking prog rock

Contemporary country is somewhere below that.

If that was a thing it would be called Power Prog.

I guarantee it.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If that was a thing it would be called Power Prog.

I guarantee it.

A co-worker of mine is the frontman for a band called Odin's Court.  I really want to get some of their stuff and give it as gag gifts to my musician brother, but then the guy I work with would think I actually like it and I'd somehow have to explain that I only ironically like it.  That would be awkward.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

A co-worker of mine is the frontman for a band called Odin's Court.  I really want to get some of their stuff and give it as gag gifts to my musician brother, but then the guy I work with would think I actually like it and I'd somehow have to explain that I only ironically like it.  That would be awkward.

Tell him that the band's name should have been Wotan's Court and he's a poseur.

You know I'm going to try and look this stuff up right?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Tell him that the band's name should have been Wotan's Court and he's a poseur.

You know I'm going to try and look this stuff up right?

Find the video of the guy crawling out of the Chesapeake Bay shirtless.  That's the guy.  Everyone at work has seen that and can't unsee it.  He's actually a heck of an engineer.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Find the video of the guy crawling out of the Chesapeake Bay shirtless.  That's the guy.  Everyone at work has seen that and can't unsee it.  He's actually a heck of an engineer.

They aren't even singing in Norse.

I'll pass on the shirtless guy tyvm.

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think I'd be willing to turn a blind eye if they were eating lutefisk in the video. 

I was expecting more growler vocals than what I actually heard.  It might actually qualify as Power Metal, a genre you don't see many bands outside of Germany attempting.

Archived