Orioles Entertainment?

AceKing

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they do some post game concerts with some semi successful or older acts.

John Angelos is also a music fan. In a 2017 Q&A with the Perfect Game Foundation posted online, he said that “my favorite songwriter is Margaret Valentine, who is also my wife.” Valentine is a Nashville songwriter and singer. Angelos told the website his other favorites included Joel, Neko Case, Shirley Bassey, Tom Waits, Johnny Cash, Neil Young and many more.

“Friday shows are nice for emerging artists,” he said. “Postgame shows on maybe a Saturday night or whatever night people decide with more of a name artist, somewhere between a Billy Joel and an emerging artist would be nice to drive extra people to baseball games. I think it's all good. It all registers the same bottom line, and that is to get people coming here, sampling baseball, coming to baseball, coming to Camden Yards, coming to the Harbor and being in Baltimore.”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-camden-yards-concert-20190109-story.html

Just now, Going Underground said:

I think they do some post game concerts with some semi successful or older acts.

John Angelos is also a music fan. In a 2017 Q&A with the Perfect Game Foundation posted online, he said that “my favorite songwriter is Margaret Valentine, who is also my wife.” Valentine is a Nashville songwriter and singer. Angelos told the website his other favorites included Joel, Neko Case, Shirley Bassey, Tom Waits, Johnny Cash, Neil Young and many more.

“Friday shows are nice for emerging artists,” he said. “Postgame shows on maybe a Saturday night or whatever night people decide with more of a name artist, somewhere between a Billy Joel and an emerging artist would be nice to drive extra people to baseball games. I think it's all good. It all registers the same bottom line, and that is to get people coming here, sampling baseball, coming to baseball, coming to Camden Yards, coming to the Harbor and being in Baltimore.”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-camden-yards-concert-20190109-story.html

I'd pay to see Tom Waits do this

23 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I would be all over going to a Neko Case show at Camden Yards.  Absolutely.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:14 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

Lately I'm more of a Lumineers and Of Monsters and Men kind of guy.  I took the boys to see U2 with the Lumineers opening in '17, that was kind of epic.

I've had two completely unrelated people tell me, years ago, that I looked like Thom Yorke.  I'm not really sure that's a compliment.

I remembered that and the Arcade Fire reference many moons ago.  Lumineers are old fogey-ish but decent harmonies.  I hear them on Sirius Spectrum.  U2/Lumineers is pretty "rad"  ;-)!

On 1/11/2019 at 9:29 AM, Going Underground said:

The "my favorite artist is my wife" comment made me throw up in my mouth a bit, but I do give him some props for name dropping Neko Case. I really like some of her earlier stuff. 

I'm not sure I'm a fan of booking emerging artists, but if you're going to go that route mix it up a bit. 90% of the artists they booked last year were young, blonde, white girls that looked like they came straight from the "how to make a contemporary country star" workshop. Full disclosure, I HATE contemporary country music. 

21 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I remembered that and the Arcade Fire reference many moons ago.  Lumineers are old fogey-ish but decent harmonies.  I hear them on Sirius Spectrum.  U2/Lumineers is pretty "rad"  ;-)!

You guys are getting old! (and so am I). If you like the Lumineers and Monsters and Men you should check out the Highwater Festival in Charleston, SC this spring. As for me, I've been having a bit of a musical mid-life crisis so I've really been trying to listen to new stuff lately. I made a best of 2018 playlist on Spotify. If you're interested send me a message and I'll send you a link. Off the top of my head, here here some of my favorite songs of 2018. Now back to baseball...

1) Superorganism "Everybody Wants to be Famous"

2) Boygenius "Bite the Hand"

3) Ty Segall "Lady on Fire"

4) Dirty Projectors "Break Thru"

5) Yuno "No Going Back"

6) The Kills "List of Demands"

7) Yuno "No Going Back"

? Parquet Courts "Wide Awake"

9) Addictions" Lucy Dacus

10) Cautious Clay "Cold War

8 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You guys are getting old! (and so am I). If you like the Lumineers and Monsters and Men you should check out the Highwater Festival in Charleston, SC this spring. As for me, I've been having a bit of a musical mid-life crisis so I've really been trying to listen to new stuff lately. I made a best of 2018 playlist on Spotify. If you're interested send me a message and I'll send you a link. Off the top of my head, here here some of my favorite songs of 2018. Now back to baseball...

5) Yuno "No Going Back"

7) Yuno "No Going Back"

This list says "I was listening to these guys before they got famous." 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:52 PM, ScGO's said:

All Baltimore Set List - List of bands and artists that are pretty cool and claim or have claimed Baltimore as their home.  I think these are all active musicians still.

Turnstile

Future Islands

ILL Conscious

Dan Deacon

Soul Cannon

Celebration

Labtekwon

The Flying Eyes

You forgot the biggest of them all:  Beach House.  Also Wye Oak is pretty big.   And Animal Collective and Yeasayer members are originally from Baltimore and I am sure playing Camden Yards would appeal to them. 

I love Celebration but I don't think they would drive anybody to the ball park.  

On 1/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, Going Underground said:

Weasel does a show from 12-3 every Saturday on  WTMD ,89.7.Can stream it also. His knowledge of music is amazing Worked with Murray the K.

I always hated Weasel.  All he tries to do is talk about himself and all his vast knowledge.  Just play the songs.  I don't enjoy his 10 minute talk between songs to prove how he knows everything about every artist. 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:14 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

Lately I'm more of a Lumineers and Of Monsters and Men kind of guy.  I took the boys to see U2 with the Lumineers opening in '17, that was kind of epic.

I've had two completely unrelated people tell me, years ago, that I looked like Thom Yorke.  I'm not really sure that's a compliment.

Aren't Lumineers and Monsters of Men dated now? I saw them 6 years ago but really haven't been paying too much attention to them now.

And if someone tells you look like Thom Yorke those are fighting words.  

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

Aren't Lumineers and Monsters of Men dated now? I saw them 6 years ago but really haven't been paying too much attention to them now.

And if someone tells you look like Thom Yorke those are fighting words.  

Fighting words are when peeps say you look like "Jim Nabors" (aka Gomer Pyle) (and they did to me).  You may not know who he was but trust me ...

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This list says "I was listening to these guys before they got famous." 

44 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

5) Yuno "No Going Back"

7) Yuno "No Going Back"

Parquet Courts just recently played the BSO.  I only know 4 of those bands I must be losing touch with what is cool these days. 

Archived