Stand Pat!

Peace21

I think us finishing strong and having some core players here besides Jones, Markakis and Roberts, will help us land big FA's...ie Texieria.

Great. You think this. And the rest of us disagree. Glad we settled this.

Not giving up players of diminishing/expiring value for younger, cheaper talent because you think that the it improves a marginal chance at signing Tex is a pretty good way to make sure you come up empty all around.

Who chooses potential value over actual value? Isn't a bird in the hand worth two in the bush?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok what if we keep Sherrill and trade the other pieces people here want to trade?

Still positive moves.

But if we hear about a trade after the fact that would have been greatly beneficial to us for Sherrill that we didn't pull the trigger on...it's gonna be bedlam.

I think us finishing strong and having some core players here besides Jones, Markakis and Roberts, will help us land big FA's...ie Texieria.

I refer back to what SG said earlier, and I've said myself before: If Tex wants to sign here, but changes his mind because we trade Aubrey Freaking Huff, then I don't want Tex.

The plan is the plan. See it through. Let's see the forest for the trees, have the dog wagging the tail, and whatever other cliche you care to use.

Ok fine, I have no problem dealing Payton or Millar, or even Bradford, but dont trade Sherrill,Huff, or Scott.

Ok so what if LAA offers us Adenhart, Aybar, and another prospect for Sherrill? Do you pass that up?

Or if LAD offers LaRoache, Hu +1?

Do you let killer offers like that slide? I love George, don't get me wrong, but next year we have replacements in the wings, and those players could really help build depth around here.

Ok what if we keep Sherrill and trade the other pieces people here want to trade?

Do you really not understand that Sherrill's value is likely as high as it will ever be? Do you really not understand that two young position players we could possibly get back for him would likely help the team far more in the future than Sherrill will? A closer on a mediocre team is not important at all. Young position players are.

Don't forget the premise: the return for anybody has to be very good. So maybe we don't trade Sherrill--the reason should be that the return wasn't up to snuff, not because we're holding him.

He could be a future piece, absolutely. But he could bring in a great haul, so we have to look at trading him.

Why are you so worried about keeping the one player of the three being discussed with the least to do with our success this year?

He's a guy that can get three outs with a three-run lead, and dominate lefties, but shows a disturbing penchant to work his way into trouble and have really bad streaks.

We can find another Sherrill the same way we found Sherrill in the first place.

I guess to me trading Sherrill is the equivielent of AM firing Trembley. Thats my opinion.

Well, you certainly are entitled to it, but we can't trade Trembley for more pieces...and Sherrills value won't get any higher. And if we end up flipping him for even two more good pieces, then the Bedard deal gets that much better.

Well, you certainly are entitled to it, but we can't trade Trembley for more pieces...and Sherrills value won't get any higher. And if we end up flipping him for even two more good pieces, then the Bedard deal gets that much better.

If you could trade Trembley for a young .800+ OPS SS and a 1st or 3rd baseman, would you do it? :D

We actually were talking about trading Mazzone for Rick Peterson once, so coaches could be traded. We got Mazzone for a minor league pitcher IIRC...

Archived