Cardinals a good match with Orioles for Sherrill

Roll Tide

It'd be amazing to get Rasmus, but I don't think Sherrill alone gets him.

Rasmus, Jones, Nick...that would be an amazing outfield.

Militant Redbird will be here shortly to tell us all how wrong we are :)

And I'll have his back. I love you all, but the idea that we can get Rasmus for Sherrill is absolutely laughable. No offense.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I'll have his back. I love you all, but the idea that we can get Rasmus for Sherrill is absolutely laughable. No offense.

I don't think it's that laughable. The Cards bullpen is their biggest weak link, and Rasmus' star has dimmed slightly...

Okay ready for this wild prediction?

Rasmus, Kozma, and Barden for George Sherrill

And even then I don't like it. I'd prefer to trade with the Brewers. If we got Rasmus it would only be because he is such a high prospect and the O's may attempt to trade him. He doesn't feel a hole and he doesn't fill a need, he is just a top prospect. Jones has CF locked down for years to come and while Scott could switch to DH and Rasmus play in left I feel like our trades could be better applied to other areas.

I doubt that the Arizona Diamondbacks have anywhere near the prospects to trade for Sherrill. They basically dumped their whole farm for Dan Haren.

Personally I'd like to have Rasmus. I think he'll be an amazing slugger and provide the pop in the line-up the O's need. With him Jones and Markakis the O's would have the best OF in the MLB for the next decade, and it probably wouldn't be too close.

I'd even trade Sherrilll and Reimold for Rasmus and a lesser pitching prospect, Perez perhaps?

I'd also be pleased if the O's were able to get Escobar, the Brewers SS, for Sherrill, but that would be my second preference.

Okay ready for this wild prediction?

Rasmus, Kozma, and Barden for George Sherrill

And even then I don't like it. I'd prefer to trade with the Brewers.

Wow would you try and work that deal from St. Louis to try and get Milwaukee to pony up Escobar and Gamel?

People if you have a chance to get COLBY RASMUS you must try! The kid is a stud. People are nuts to say they want Escobar over Rasmus! I know we a SS but we also have plenty of other chips to acquire one. Huff 4 Wood or one of the other 3 SS's the Halos have. There are plenty of other options maybe Bradford 4 Donald, or a Pitching prospect like Arritea for Andrus. We have plenty of chips to get a SS. Getting Colby Rasmus would literally change this franchise for years to come. He is right up there with Wieters as a prospect and we all know how everyone feels about him. Rasmus will be a super star and we should being doing everything in our power to get him from he Cards.

Kozma isn't exactly chopped liver...

Exactly! I actually like Kozma a lot. If we somehow swindled Rasmus and Kozma for Sherrill, it would be better than the Bedard deal. The only way this is even remotely possible is if the Brewers and Cards end up in a fierce bidding war.

People if you have a chance to get COLBY RASMUS you must try! The kid is a stud. People are nuts to say they want Escobar over Rasmus! I know we a SS but we also have plenty of other chips to acquire one. Huff 4 Wood or one of the other 3 SS's the Halos have. There are plenty of other options maybe Bradford 4 Donald, or a Pitching prospect like Arritea for Andrus. We have plenty of chips to get a SS. Getting Colby Rasmus would literally change this franchise for years to come. He is right up there with Wieters as a prospect. Rasmus will be a super star and we should being doing everything in our power to get him from he Cards.

Red flag, dont trade Arrieta yet.

I'm almost positive that Andy Mac would have Rasmus involved but he refuses to do a straight up trade (as he should, we don't need him). They don't have the top SS prospect we're looking for and that is what we need most.

Reimold should start next year at AAA. If he excels & creates a surplus that would be a homerun. Perhaps Luke could be moved to 1B (in the fall league).

Rasmus & a pitcher would likely be the cost imo

Exactly! I actually like Kozma a lot. If we somehow swindled Rasmus and Kozma for Sherrill, it would be better than the Bedard deal. The only way this is even remotely possible is if the Brewers and Cards end up in a fierce bidding war.

Which would be awesome and which AM is hoping for.

People if you have a chance to get COLBY RASMUS you must try! The kid is a stud. People are nuts to say they want Escobar over Rasmus! I know we a SS but we also have plenty of other chips to acquire one. Huff 4 Wood or one of the other 3 SS's the Halos have. There are plenty of other options maybe Bradford 4 Donald, or a Pitching prospect like Arritea for Andrus. We have plenty of chips to get a SS. Getting Colby Rasmus would literally change this franchise for years to come. He is right up there with Wieters as a prospect and we all know how everyone feels about him. Rasmus will be a super star and we should being doing everything in our power to get him from he Cards.

Would you trade Weiters for Papelbon?

Yes I would take Gamel and Escobar over that 3 player deal mentioned. It better adresses our needs. Yes, an OF of Rasmus, Jones, and Markakis is absolutely ridiculous but we need a future at 3B and SS and the Brewers have better options there.

Archived