Over/under: Dylan Bundy wins 12 games?

Frobby

Will Dylan Bundy win 12 games?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Over/under: Bundy wins 12 games

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/19 at 23:39

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Don't forget the American League record.  ?

Lets see... He got the record for most home runs without getting an out. And he broke the Orioles record for most home runs given up in a season. was that also the AL record?  I cant keep up. lol. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What have Bundy's ST results been in the past? Has his velocity been down like this? I feel like I have memory of him being unimpressive to start spring one year but then he did well in the regular season. Had better velocity, etc. He's definitely gotta be the biggest disappointment thus far. We know he ran out of gas at the end of last year, but his stuff was pretty good first 1/3 of the season. 4.35 ERA first 18 starts. 7.11 the last 13.

Hopefully he is trying to pace himself or something. 89-91 ain't gonna cut it. 

2 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

What have Bundy's ST results been in the past? Has his velocity been down like this? I feel like I have memory of him being unimpressive to start spring one year but then he did well in the regular season. Had better velocity, etc. He's definitely gotta be the biggest disappointment thus far. We know he ran out of gas at the end of last year, but his stuff was pretty good first 1/3 of the season. Hopefully he is trying to pace himself or something. 89-91 ain't gonna cut it. 

Bundy has indeed had bad springs, historically. He seems to turn it on during the season, especially when it comes to the slider. IMO he likes to hide that pitch a little bit and focus on mostly fastballs during the spring, but I don't really have data to support that. 

I'm not sure what they can do with him. The fastball is just so lifeless. The slider can make him look like an ace when it's on, though, even with the bad fastball. 

o

(vs. RED SOX, 3/20) )) [Spring Training]

I didn't see the game because I totally suck, but I did notice that Bundy had a decent line for tonight's exhibition game against the Red Sox.

5.33 lll Innings Pitched

5 lllllllll Hits (All Singles)

1 lllllllll Run

0 lllllllll Walks

3 lllllllll Strikeouts

Bundy was the first Orioles pitcher in the 2019 Spring Training season to go beyond 5 innings in a game (5.33 Innings Pitched.)

Roch Kubatko had Bundy at )68 )Pitches )(48 )Strikes, )20 )Balls.)

o

On 3/20/2019 at 9:10 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. RED SOX, 3/20) )) [Spring Training]

I didn't see the game because I totally suck, but I did notice that Bundy had a decent line for tonight's exhibition game against the Red Sox.

5.33 lll Innings Pitched

5 lllllllll Hits (All Singles)

1 lllllllll Run

0 lllllllll Walks

3 lllllllll Strikeouts

Bundy was the first Orioles pitcher in the 2019 Spring Training season to go beyond 5 innings in a game (5.33 Innings Pitched.)

Roch Kubatko had Bundy at )68 )Pitches )(48 )Strikes, )20 )Balls.)

o

o

(vs. METS, 3/25) )) [Spring Training]

A very different outcome for Bundy this afternoon ........

4.67 llll Innings Pitched

9 llllllllll Hits (1 Home Run, 3 Doubles, 5 Singles)

4 llllllllll Runs

2 llllllllll Walks

4 llllllllll Strikeouts

Roch Kubatko had Bundy at )82 )Pitches )(56 )Strikes, )26 )Balls.)

o

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2019 at 5:22 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Bundy will become the Orioles' first 20-game winner since Mike Boddicker, in 1984.

af59f30d_davis.jpg oooooooooooooooooo d2958f28_mlbam.jpg

o

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 5/04)

1 down, 19 to go.

o

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 3:32 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Under, not really close.  

It's hard being right all the time.

Anyway, last nights game....it seems a bit odd to me that he takes the loss when his defense let him down the way it did.  If unearned runs lead to a loss, they aren't part of your ERA but they can be used against you losing a game?  I get that there needs to be a pitcher of record, but still.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m a little biased towards Bundy, but I feel like he has borne the brunt of bad defense more than any of our other pitchers.    Not just errors, but sloppy D in general.

I agree. Bundy is a pitcher though. Even when he’s struggling it feels like he can grit his way through because he’s been forced to develop his offspeed pitches so much. He needs to find a pitch to help him with RH hitters. They are tuning him up pretty good. 

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m a little biased towards Bundy, but I feel like he has borne the brunt of bad defense more than any of our other pitchers.    Not just errors, but sloppy D in general.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. Bundy is a pitcher though. Even when he’s struggling it feels like he can grit his way through because he’s been forced to develop his offspeed pitches so much. He needs to find a pitch to help him with RH hitters. They are tuning him up pretty good. 

I think a better defense would absolutely help him.

But, I dont think his stuff as being playing out as a TOR, like the hype was.

Archived