Rich Dubroff: Joe Angel not returning.

weams

25 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Pretty sure I've heard Hunter talk about a 2 game hitting streak or winning streak.  Joe Angel called out Hunter on this and it was a thing of beauty. 

That’s awesome. Yeah I mean I try to be positive but those aren’t worthy of discussion. I don’t mind Hunter as a MC type for Opening Day but I’d rather someone else call the game. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The problem with Bordick is he is always positive.  Palmer tells it like it is and the is refreshing.  I can understand why Bordick stays positive, Palmer has the gravitas to criticize the Orioles.  It's not the same for everyone else. 

Yeah I like that Palmer will call out bad play too.

41 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I love High Flight. I'm no literary buff but it's one of my favorites ever.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

HighFlightwriterMageesGrave.jpg

I agree completely, I like it very much, but it’s not a good poem. For instance consider the very first syllable, “oh” he could’ve used almost any other single syllable word in that language and it would’ve been superior. Read the first line out loud and replace “oh” with “and” “for” “now” or another word And you’ll see how much better it works. The word, “oh” means nothing.

2 hours ago, weams said:

You stop. The article clarified nothing. Other than he will not be back. I have no idea if Joe will work elsewhere or if he really is hanging it up. For whatever reason

I am sorry for being aggressive earlier.

Are you or are you not being intentionally coy and suggesting something here? Honest question that I hope will help me going forward in reading your posts. And is it based on something you know? I don't understand how to read the tone of your posts most of the time which, I guess, is apparently specific to me and my brain and all I can do is be frustrated and confounded. It's not your fault. I blame the internet.

I hope Joe and the Os announce something soon to prevent rumors. Os fans will automatically go to worst case scenario, understandably, and I was frustrated by that. 

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

1) It's not for sure anything is happening with Joe because it is not official.  It quotes an unknown industry source

2) Joe declined to  comment.   Which means he was asked and didn't want to say.

3) He has a year left of his contract.

It’s been the O’s MO to just let people’s contracts expire if they don’t want them. If he had a year left, I have to believe that he wanted retire. 

30 minutes ago, Philip said:

I agree completely, I like it very much, but it’s not a good poem. For instance consider the very first syllable, “oh” he could’ve used almost any other single syllable word in that language and it would’ve been superior. Read the first line out loud and replace “oh” with “and” “for” “now” or another word And you’ll see how much better it works. The word, “oh” means nothing.

I think the "Oh" is absolutely perfect: a single, breathless syllable that articulates the wonder Magee beheld as he soared to the brink of the troposphere in his Spitfire. What better word do we have in the English language for rapture than "Oh"? It's exactly the right word to begin that poem.

4 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I will miss Joe a lot more than Manny and I liked Manny.

THIS^^^!

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/02/more-memories-of-frank-robinson.html

It was obvious that Joe and his family were close to Frank.   I am hoping during this time of grieving everyone involved in any “negotiations” might step back and give it some time.  I could not help but notice that in Roch’s piece he identified Joe as “radio broadcaster” without naming any affiliation.

21 minutes ago, Babkins said:

I think the "Oh" is absolutely perfect: a single, breathless syllable that articulates the wonder Magee beheld as he soared to the brink of the troposphere in his Spitfire. What better word do we have in the English language for rapture than "Oh"? It's exactly the right word to begin that poem.

I disagree strongly, but I appreciate your thoughts. I enjoy a good poetry chat, but my point was that Bordick fails at the basic skill of sounding like he is in any way involved in the game, and when he tries, the attempts fail worse than not trying at all.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Pretty sure I've heard Hunter talk about a 2 game hitting streak or winning streak.  Joe Angel called out Hunter on this and it was a thing of beauty. 

A few years ago during the first spring training game, Hunter referred to Chris Lee's 5-0 record at Bowie the year before to indicate how good a prospect he was. I was speechless. 

41 minutes ago, weams said:

In no way was I in general coy nor do I know anythjng about this myself. I accept your apology and I am sure Wildcard does as well. 

Fair enough. I guess I am the only one who reads your posts in this kind of "what's not said/read between the lines" voice. I'll work on it.

Wildcard, his view on this I simply do not agree with because it's far too soon to be assuming Joe got somehow bounced from his contract. But yeah, sorry for being an arse about it.

Archived