Rich Dubroff: Joe Angel not returning.

weams

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The problem with Bordick is he is always positive.  Palmer tells it like it is and the is refreshing.  I can understand why Bordick stays positive, Palmer has the gravitas to criticize the Orioles.  It's not the same for everyone else. 

Bordick is a very smart baseball man who unfortunately it appears has gone to the Jim Hunter school of rainbows and unicorns school of broadcasting. His usage of baseball cliches continually, including some that it appears he made up himself (steaks for RBIs), drives me up a wall. Also his penchent for reading the stats put on the screen for a new pitcher or when talking about a prospects is insufferable. Give us analysis of the numbers, not read them off. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Bordick is a very smart baseball man who unfortunately it appears has gone to the Jim Hunter school of rainbows and unicorns school of broadcasting. His usage of baseball cliches continually, including some that it appears he made up himself (steaks for RBIs), drives me up a wall. Also his penchent for reading the stats put on the screen for a new pitcher or when talking about a prospects is insufferable. Give us analysis of the numbers, not read them off. 

Mike "Center Cut" Bordick! 

24 minutes ago, Philip said:

I disagree strongly, but I appreciate your thoughts. I enjoy a good poetry chat, but my point was that Bordick fails at the basic skill of sounding like he is in any way involved in the game, and when he tries, the attempts fail worse than not trying at all.

We can agree on that.

Did anyone consider that at 71-years old Joe doesn't want to follow up a 47-win season with another rebuilding year that is looking at another 100+ loss season?

i wouldn't blame him one bit to not want a travel this much at this stage in his career to cover a team at this stage of the rebuild.

I hope the Orioles bring someone new to be play by play and maybe pair him with Ben McDonald as much as possible.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Did anyone consider that at 71-years old Joe doesn't want to follow up a 47-win season with another rebuilding year that is looking at another 100+ loss season?

i wouldn't blame him one bit to not want a travel this much at this stage in his career to cover a team at this stage of the rebuild.

I hope the Orioles bring someone new to be play by play and maybe pair him with Ben McDonald as much as possible.

100%.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Safe bet.  It's hard enough to watch this team voluntarily, can't imagine being forced to talk about it (even though I am sure it pays pretty well).

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I agree completely, I like it very much, but it’s not a good poem. For instance consider the very first syllable, “oh” he could’ve used almost any other single syllable word in that language and it would’ve been superior. Read the first line out loud and replace “oh” with “and” “for” “now” or another word And you’ll see how much better it works. The word, “oh” means nothing.

I always thought oh was an exclamation. Should have been Oh! I have slipped... :noidea:

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Hunter could actually be good if he stopped being a member of the lollipop guild.

Nah. Even if, he still just quotes stats, endlessly. He IS batting .289 on Tuesday nights in domed stadiums.....

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

His usage of baseball cliches continually, including some that it appears he made up himself (steaks for RBIs), drives me up a wall.

I actually used to work with a college baseball coach about 10-15 years ago that called RBIs steaks too. But he and Bordick are the only people that I’ve ever heard that use that term. I hated it then and I hate it now. Haha. 

His job is not nearly as secure as Palmer's... ?

I thought of that. If he was already pondering retirement the dismal season ahead could have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Archived