Hyde puts his own stamp on spring training

Frobby

15 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It's nonsensical to play that song every game in the same city that inspired both Homicide and The Wire, possibly the most un-country shows ever.  So I like it.

What would you replace it with?

If folks feel the need to fiddle with perfection there is always this:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

If folks feel the need to fiddle with perfection there is always this:

If the Orioles played in West Virginia.  This song was written by the couple that wrote and sang "Afternoon Delight". That might be a better choice for day games.

7 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Because that would be the least creative of all the options?  Is there a team at any level in any sport in the last 10 years that hasn't played that song at the stadium?

That and "Song #2" and "Rock n Roll Part 2" are most over used songs at sporting events.

Written by OH former regular Webley Webster (aka Tom Meltzer), Baltimore native. 

"Once we won The Series, just going away

Once sat on top of the NFL and NBA

All that's over now, time's left and closed the door

Even I packed up and left the city of Balitmore"

By the way, they're playing a reunion show in NYC at the Mercury Lounge on March 31. I get to see Tom a bit, we shared a gig in November, here out past Chapel Hill, NC. https://newyork.carpe-diem.events/calendar/9281704-5-chinese-brothers-at-mercury-lounge/

40 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm tired of the "Country Boy" song.  Is there a less appropriate "team song" than that song playing in downtown Baltimore?   

I always thought the song was Earl's doing, something to do with his tomato plants growing at Memorial Stadium, but after seeing the Belanger documentary, Mark's first wife took the credit for it. I like the song "Baltimore" by Five Chinese Brothers (above). Written by a native and OH guy from a long time back, the guy who told me about this place to begin with (Webley Webster aka Tom Meltzer). 

11 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I always thought the song was Earl's doing, something to do with his tomato plants growing at Memorial Stadium, but after seeing the Belanger documentary, Mark's first wife took the credit for it. I like the song "Baltimore" by Five Chinese Brothers (above). Written by a native (and OH guy from a long time back, the guy who told me about this place to begin with (Webley Webster aka Tom Meltzer). 

27 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Written by OH former regular Webley Webster (aka Tom Meltzer), Baltimore native. 

"Once we won The Series, just going away

Once sat on top of the NFL and NBA

All that's over now, time's left and closed the door

Even I packed up and left the city of Balitmore"

By the way, they're playing a reunion show in NYC at the Mercury Lounge on March 31. I get to see Tom a bit, we shared a gig in November, here out past Chapel Hill, NC. https://newyork.carpe-diem.events/calendar/9281704-5-chinese-brothers-at-mercury-lounge/

Any relation to the REM song of a similar title?

21 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Any relation to the REM song of a similar title?

I think they predated REM's song. I think these guys formed at Columbia University a little before that REM song (2nd LP?) was released. This band's name is based on the children's fable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived