Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

He takes ADD meds so far as we know.    In 2015 he was granted a TUE for Vyvanse and responded with the 47 homer campaign that led to his $161 mm contract.    We’ve never heard that he’s not still using Vyvanse.    

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that he lost the exemption when he stopped taking the medication. I'm positive I read this and believe it was debated pretty heavily here.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that he lost the exemption when he stopped taking the medication. I'm positive I read this and believe it was debated pretty heavily here.

I remember reading that too. Have no idea if he ever got the exemption back.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Right now the option is playing Davis or calling up Mullins or Stewart. 

The guy is done. How does Buck write his name in the lineup?  There’s a lot of nice guys on this message board but we’re not playing 1st base or making $ 20 million (except Frobby). 

If it ain't fixed, don't break it.  Or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not that I’ve heard.    He used to have a TUE for Adderall, sometime prior to the 2014 season.    He lost that exemption (or didn’t reapply) and then got busted in August 2014 for using Adderall without permission.   But he got a TUE for Vyvanse in 2015 that worked just fine for him and I’ve never heard that he lost that exemption.   

Is he back to chewing tobacco, I've seen a lump in his cheek lately, and I thought that I had heard that he gave it up

Amazing how little is reported about CD's chemical dependencies... I guess it all goes down as private medical knowledge... but the use of tobacco?

1 minute ago, Ripken said:

I don't think his chemical dependencies have much to do with a horrid swing path.

I think his use of multiple stimulants (ADD prescription + tobacco + ???) have a lot to do with him completely burning out at such a young age, and should have been a huge red flag to not enter into the worst contract in MLB history.

42 minutes ago, Horsepower said:

He sure was putrid last night.  3 dtrikeouts in 4 at bats and a throwing error in the eighth that led to two unearned runs.  He's a gem.

Pathetic is the nicest word to describe his performance.  If I'm running the team, I don't just bench him, I tell him to stay home for the rest of the season.  

I see no evidence that he's done anything to improve his performance.  And now he's a lousy defender as well as a historically bad hitter.  

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

I think his use of multiple stimulants (ADD prescription + tobacco + ???) have a lot to do with him completely burning out at such a young age, and should have been a huge red flag to not enter into the worst contract in MLB history.

It's amazing that historically thorough medical staff didn't red flag this when we resigned him. Maybe Peter or Brady personally administered the physical ;) our

Archived