Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

15 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

So it took Chris Davis becoming the worst everyday player in baseball to embrace technology and change? I'm sorry, but this is a day late and a dollar short for me. He still has A LOT to prove and deserves every bit of criticism that he receives on this board, in the media, etc. until his talk translates into actual production. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'd argue that Chris Davis has to prove himself to THE WORLD. You know, we never talk about it, but the contract that Texas gave Prince Fielder might be even worse than the Davis contract. He's still collecting big fat pay checks for two more years. 

And Davis receives a big fat paycheck for 3 more years? 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

I am sick of listening to Chris blow smoke in interviews.  Just shut up and produce.  I don’t care at all about your preparation, your differences, your focus or whatever.  Just produce or be gone. 

I agree.  And he brought up Palmer criticizing him again like  the other players were happy that he was hitting .160 until Palmer talked about him not putting in the proper effort.  And then they turned against him.  He should realize he cost a lot of people their jobs and better players got traded and the current manager and coaches are stuck with him.  

He is in Sunny Sarasota and has his family with him like he is on vacation.  And really he hasn't told us one bit about what he really has done this off season. Not mentioning the names of who he worked out with or how often.  I have no doubt he is blowing smoke up our wazoos.

He can do whatever he wants but it easy to tell he is lying and still wont even take responsibility for anything.

I wish people would stop interviewing him.  

9 hours ago, tntoriole said:

I am sick of listening to Chris blow smoke in interviews.  Just shut up and produce.  I don’t care at all about your preparation, your differences, your focus or whatever.  Just produce or be gone. 

The guy can’t win.   He shows up for camp, he’s swarmed by reporters wanting to hear what he did this winter to try to address his steep decline the last few years.   What’s he supposed to do, say he’s not answering any questions, he’s just going to let his play do the talking?    That would go over well....  9_9

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The guy can’t win.   He shows up for camp, he’s swarmed by reporters wanting to hear what he did this winter to try to address his steep decline the last few years.   What’s he supposed to do, say he’s not answering any questions, he’s just going to let his play do the talking?    That would go over well....  9_9

Yep he can't win.  That is what happens when a large percentage of the fanbase has identified you as one of the main reasons the team is struggling.

10 hours ago, tntoriole said:

He has to answer questions. 

Davis is a blown up story. The guy is done. We paid him the money and made the mistake. It’s just time to move on. Even without his salary we’d still be in the same place. A rebuild. We lost 115 with the gang last year. Manny was going to test FA no matter what. 

It sucks, but Davis isn’t really impacting our situation.  

Archived