Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

The guy can’t win.   He shows up for camp, he’s swarmed by reporters wanting to hear what he did this winter to try to address his steep decline the last few years.   What’s he supposed to do, say he’s not answering any questions, he’s just going to let his play do the talking?    That would go over well....  9_9

He didn't really say what he did.  He didnt mention who he worked out with. Who helped him on his swing. He made everything vague so he couldn't be caught lying again. 

I think the most insightful thing in article is he rented a place to stay with his family and he immediately had to move because the place wasnt up to his standards.  Yet he was so sick he couldn't come to camp.  I dont believe a thing out of Davis' mouth.  

He can do whatever he wants but I dont see point of interviewing someone that is clearly not being truthful. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It sucks, but Davis isn’t really impacting our situation.  

He takes up a ridiculous amount of salary for the amount of production (or lack thereof) that he provides.  And he reduces roster flexibility.  Mancini should be at first, we should have someone else in the outfield in LF.  

Are these the worst things in the world?  No.  But he certainly isn't helping this team move ahead.  

12 hours ago, atomic said:

I wish people would stop interviewing him.  

If Davis has any courage he’d let Palmer interview him and own up to not training as he made it seem last year.

When people stop interviewing him, he’ll know it’s over.

32 minutes ago, atomic said:

He didn't really say what he did.  He didnt mention who he worked out with. Who helped him on his swing. He made everything vague so he couldn't be caught lying again. 

I think the most insightful thing in article is he rented a place to stay with his family and he immediately had to move because the place wasnt up to his standards.  Yet he was so sick he couldn't come to camp.  I dont believe a thing out of Davis' mouth.  

He can do whatever he wants but I dont see point of interviewing someone that is clearly not being truthful. 

I will maintain my record of having never downvoted a post.   

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I will maintain my record of having never downvoted a post.   

LOL.  How is what you did different than a down vote?  You could just say you like players lying to you.  I suspect you were for signing to Davis and now you are now making excuses for him.  

46 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He takes up a ridiculous amount of salary for the amount of production (or lack thereof) that he provides.  And he reduces roster flexibility.  Mancini should be at first, we should have someone else in the outfield in LF.  

Are these the worst things in the world?  No.  But he certainly isn't helping this team move ahead.  

I agree with you.

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

LOL.  How is what you did different than a down vote?  You could just say you like players lying to you.  I suspect you were for signing to Davis and now you are now making excuses for him.  

If I remember correctly I don't think Frobby was. 

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

Pretty sure he’s on record as saying he should be gone by early summer if he doesn’t produce.

I wish him well. If he hits 45 HR's he still would not be a favorite of mine. Never really cared for him even at his peak. Seemed pretty much like a ME guy. Never saw him adjust or apparently have the willingness or ability to adjust. I think it is overly optimistic, that after thousands of AB's he will suddenly be able to adjust in a major way...that is pretty much true for the vast majority of players IMO. Way back, a guy named Richie Hebner was linked in someway coming to the O's. Someone described him as a mistake hitter...occasionally the ball hits the bat and when it does it goes. The trouble with Davis is that the ball hits the bat way too few times.

6 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Richie Hebner

"He spent just one season at Birmingham, then was hired as manager of the Frederick Keys 49 games into the 2008 campaign on May 26, replacing Tommy Thompson who was granted a leave of absence due to personal reasons. In the two seasons under Hebner's watch, the Keys went 35–55 (6–15/29–40) in 2008 and 64–75 (31–38/33–37) in 2009.[38] He was named the hitting coach for the Norfolk Tides on January 7, 2010;[39] he lasted one season in that capacity, as the Orioles declined to retain him on September 24."

Archived