Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Yep, Pirates IIRC.  I remember as a kid they used to list the Orioles batting averages in the Sunday paper and seemed like Dick Hall, a pitcher, was almost always listed with the highest average.

That must have been '63, when he went 13-for-28 (.464) with a homer and a double, OPSing 1.071.  The rest of his career combined he OPS'd about .500.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

I am so utterly sick of this idea and every time it comes up, as a joke or otherwise, it makes my eyes explode.  The fact that almost 7 years later people still bring up that one time where Chris Davis pitched against the Red Sox, the same game where he went what 0-8 with two games worth of strikeouts, and happened to have success against a team that finished in dead last place just that one time and think he could somehow do it now is lazy, asinine, and honestly as close to impossible as you can get.  We're all desperate to get rid of Chris Davis, even people that once liked him, or still like him.  But this has absolutely no chance of ever happening, and people need to stop hanging on to tiny moments that serve nothing than nostalgia pandering.  

It's ok Dawg.  The end is near.  I think the fact that this version or the hey maybe we should check his eye sight version are the two surest signs that there is simply nothing left in the tank for Davis.  I just wrote in another thread that I do not think Davis makes it North as part of the opening day roster.  He simply hurts the team by being on it.  And he impedes the development of others.

I wish he could pitch.  Either way, I hope your eyes do not explode. ;) 

On 3/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, pastorfan said:

I'm sure there is some sort of insurance. Let's hope Davis does not have what Belle had. It would be terrible if he had to retire and insurance had to pick up say, 70% of the contract.....just terrible!

I apologize if this is overly judgmental, but that post is just way too funny to be from an actual pastor.  But it did bring to mind this song, which appropriately enough begins with the singer tossing a baseball:

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

Why did he leave after only 2 AB's?? He was the DH

and I see he is not playing again today

Please release him

Pretty much the way Hyde handles everyone.   First game back after an injury, he’s not going to play the whole game and he’s not going to play the next day.    But I think Hyde will ramp him up quickly.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Pretty much the way Hyde handles everyone.   First game back after an injury, he’s not going to play the whole game and he’s not going to play the next day.    But I think Hyde will ramp him up quickly.    

Seriously? He had a 2 AB limit as the DH?

I'm betting he told Hyde that the hip was still bothering him.

In addition to all of the other red flags (like .196 in 2016), he always misses time to various muscle issues. Worst signing in MLB history

17 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Seriously? He had a 2 AB limit as the DH?

I'm betting he told Hyde that the hip was still bothering him.

In addition to all of the other red flags (like .196 in 2016), he always misses time to various muscle issues. Worst signing in MLB history

There wasn’t an injury red flag when we signed him to his big deal.    Looking at his four full seasons with us:

2012: 139 games.   Most of what he missed was Buck sitting him against lefties.

2013: 160 games 

2014: 127 games.   He missed 17 due to suspension.    He did have a 12-game stint on the DL in late April/early May.

2015: 160 games. 

I don’t think Davis was an above average injury risk at the time.    Plenty of other risks, which have been discussed ad nauseum.   

Worst FA signing of all time?     Assuming nothing changes, it’s certainly right up there at the top.   

Archived