Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

58 minutes ago, foxfield said:

o

Just by coincidence, within 60 minutes of your posting this video, I was watching this other video about the making of the Beatles' Penny Lane. 

4 and-a-half minutes in, the narrator mentions that the Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields single DID NOT  reach #1 in the UK, because it was beaten out by ........ Engelbert Humperdinck's Please Release Me. ) O.o

o

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not going to be Chris Davis, but I’ve always thought there should be more guys like Brooks Kieschnick in MLB.  Someone who on any given day can pitch, PH, DH or play in the field.  Talk about roster flexibility!

I know Brooks Kieschnick wasn’t a star in MLB, but if you had seen him in college...  Whew!

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Related image

its the Chris Davis thread, What else are we supposed to do? Davis did hit a 96mph fastball in the hole at SS to beat the shift Tuesday night. I was discouraged that he was taken out after only two PA's. Im hoping he proves the doubters wrong. Even if the statistical evidence is mounting the other way. 

3 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

It’s not going to be Chris Davis, but I’ve always thought there should be more guys like Brooks Kieschnick in MLB.  Someone who on any given day can pitch, PH, DH or play in the field.  Talk about roster flexibility!

I know Brooks Kieschnick wasn’t a star in MLB, but if you had seen him in college...  Whew!

The game does seem to be moving in that direction.

Or maybe it's a blip.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:50 PM, DrungoHazewood said:

Whatever happened to Dariel Alvarez?  He was going to transition to pitcher, threw an inning or two in the GCL last year.  But now I see he's hitting very well in the Mexican Winter League and not pitching.

Quick quiz... name all the Orioles who transitioned from position player to pitcher.  Nerio Rodriguez.  Mychal Givens.  Hmm... I think I'm out.

I believe Alvarez had to have Tommy John surgery?

5 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

its the Chris Davis thread, What else are we supposed to do? Davis did hit a 96mph fastball in the hole at SS to beat the shift Tuesday night. I was discouraged that he was taken out after only two PA's. Im hoping he proves the doubters wrong. Even if the statistical evidence is mounting the other way. 

The sad reality is Davis reverting back to a replacement level player would be a bad result for everyone except Davis.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

The sad reality is Davis reverting back to a replacement level player would be a bad result for everyone except Davis.

Im undecided until I see more of him this season. Replacement level would be a huge improvement. 

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Pretty much the way Hyde handles everyone.   First game back after an injury, he’s not going to play the whole game and he’s not going to play the next day.    But I think Hyde will ramp him up quickly.    

Hyde said this on why he removed "the Big Fella":

Davis was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the fifth rather than face Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman.

“I just felt it was a long time between his second and third at-bat ... coming off something, I didn’t want him to sit that long,” Orioles manager Brandon Hyde said. “He left here feeling good.”

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/chris-davis-returns-to-orioles-spring-lineup

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

There are two words why Davis only hit twice last night. 

Aroldis Chapman. 

Let him end his night with a positive or face him?  Easy choice.  

Baloney.    This is how Hyde rolls.   Trumbo got 2 PA in his first game today.    

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

CD says he's seeing the ball better, has been seeing a lot of pitches and now plans to start swinging:

With that benchmark now just two weeks away, Davis is not expected to be limited going forward in his pursuit of that goal. He acknowledged it’s time to rev up the intensity.

“Early on I wanted to see as many pitches as I could ... for me, the biggest thing is getting into a rhythm, getting into a position where I’m seeing the ball well,” Davis said. “That was my plan going in. The next few weeks, it’s time to start swinging again.”

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/chris-davis-returns-to-orioles-spring-lineup

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Baloney.    This is how Hyde rolls.   Trumbo got 2 PA in his first game today.    

I didn’t realize Davis had major surgery and hadn’t played since last year. 

I find it hard to believe that his confidence isn’t paramount right now. 

I may be wrong but I certainly wouldn’t want him facing him. I’ve never heard in my life a position player worried about time in between at bats. 

Archived