Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, LA2 said:

15 Ks in 27 official plate appearances. Wow, although 6 walks have kept his OBP over .300. I'm glad I've been spared the spectacle living out here across the Pacific.

So he’s put the ball in play 6 times in 27 PA.    What an exciting brand of baseball.    

If we were looking for signs of encouragement from Davis this spring, we sure haven’t gotten them.    

I still think they’ll keep him on the roster for now, but after about two more months the situation will be unbearable if he doesn’t show any further signs of life.    

17 hours ago, Rene88 said:

It sure would be nice to see them move on, a great sign of optimism that new leadership is truly in charge and they will let the GM do what is needed.

Of course it would. I'd like for them to release Davis and move the hell on. But ownership is not like the Yankees or BoSox and eat 92 millon. 

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

So he’s put the ball in play 6 times in 27 PA.    What an exciting brand of baseball.    

If we were looking for signs of encouragement from Davis this spring, we sure haven’t gotten them.    

I still think they’ll keep him on the roster for now, but after about two more months the situation will be unbearable if he doesn’t show any further signs of life.    

This isn't limited to Davis and the Orioles.  I was watching a non-Orioles game on MLB the other day.  After one inning there had been 6 strikeouts, 3 walks, and 2 home runs.  Nothing else.

7 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Hope we don't lose a nugget to waivers just so we can keep Davis for another 2 months.

Be decisive Mike, release Davis this week!!!

This is probably the best argument for releasing Davis now.    Sadly, Davis is not likely to be more valuable than the 40th guy on the 40-man roster.  

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Sorry--I misread the table. That's 27 at-bats and 33 PAs. But it's still a miserable record that gives us almost nothing to hope for.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

This is probably the best argument for releasing Davis now.    Sadly, Davis is not likely to be more valuable than the 40th guy on the 40-man roster.  

Is it? Who are we gonna lose that couldn’t make the team now? It’s surely not a nugget. 

3 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Of course it would. I'd like for them to release Davis and move the hell on. But ownership is not like the Yankees or BoSox and eat 92 millon. 

The Orioles haven’t ever given anyone that much money before, so I’m not sure we know what they’d do.

The Sox are probably still paying Rusney Castillo and Allen Craig; I’m sure that World Series money from taking a few Free Agency risks is helping pay that down though.

59 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not a nugget is still more valuable than Chris "-2.8War" Davis.

Oh he’s terrible and an embarrassment, I’m just not gonna cry over the last guy on the roster of a team that couldn’t win 50 games last year and have downgraded in talent. 

Archived