Harper to Phillies

weams

3 hours ago, bobmc said:

Uh oh - Dodgers in the mix!  And Petriello has his say:

Harper to the Dodgers would be a strange move. Would they bench Taylor, move Muncy to 2B, Bellinger to 1B, and play Harper in RF? The move would also block Verdugo even more and he has very little left to prove in the minors. 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha..so overrated...can't wait to see him go. My head will explode if the Nats swoop in (doubtful with luxury tax situation).

The Phillies are bidding against...the Phillies, the Phillies and a mystery team (rumored to be the Phillies). The Dodgers and Giants just offering short term deals. I think the best deal is the deal he turned down with that Nats. Good ole' ego and Scott Boars. The Phillies and  Harper deserve one another.

3 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Whoever gives Harper a $300M plus contract is going to be greatly disappointed. Take away his 2 best seasons, one being an MVP season, you have a hitter that hits in the 260’s. 

And his defense...he really is just at 1B.

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Harper might be the kinda guy to bet on himself, take a short deal with the Dodgers and then test FA again in a few years.

It seems so obvious he doesn't want Philly.  It'd be done by now if he did.  

I agree. Harper clearly wants to play for a glamour franchise and not a city where the fans freaking booed Mike Schmidt.

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Harper might be the kinda guy to bet on himself, take a short deal with the Dodgers and then test FA again in a few years.

It seems so obvious he doesn't want Philly.  It'd be done by now if he did.  

Has any writer defined 'short-term deal'? Does that just mean not ten years? Or an actual short deal like two years?

Archived