Harper to Phillies

weams

19 hours ago, 24fps said:

I was in Philly on a project in '93 when they lost the World Series and happened to be out on the town that night.  Very, very scary.  And as far as I'm concerned, the stadium they played in during that time made Tropicana look like the Taj Mahal.  That being said, Dodger Stadium around 2010-2011 was worse from the standpoint of bad vibes and general ugliness.  So much so that I stopped taking my family there.  Sometimes I don't get it.

Don't blame the city because of a few idiots.there are idiot fans in every city.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

What Makes Philadelphia Eagles Fans Most Notorious in All of NFL?

That set forth what may officially make Eagles fans notorious. In 1998, the team installed a court and jail under the stadium run by Judge Seamus McCaffery. The fans had been so unruly that the team decided to arrest, imprison and try their fans under the stadium.

That was a publicity stunt by the Judge that the team played along with.

Fans can (and do) get unruly in every single sports city. Dodgers fans and Giants fans have quite literally (and very sadly) developed a habit of occasionally killing each other.

9 hours ago, atomic said:

Did you forget what happened to the Yankees fan at OPACY?  I have attended sporting events in Philly before and have had zero issues but I don't go around covered in opposing teams gear.  

I walked around Philly with Caps jersey one day and got a lot of comments from the locals.   I had a friend who wore a Steelers jersey to happy hours in Baltimore area and he got comments from people all the time as well.  And we were both big guys so you think people would have better sense as for all they knew I was from Pittsburgh as well.  

The stupidity of sports fans. I think it is universally everywhere. 

You paint sports fans with a broad brush. So if a kid gets the crap beat out of because he has an Orioles cap on in Boston. Then it's the victims fault? If I had an Astros cap on in Arlington I wouldn't expect to get the shit beat out of me. If I did then it's my fault? You have a weird way of thinking.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This reminds anyone else of the O's pursuit of Vlad in 2004?

Yep.  The O's had the high offer on the table for weeks.  Beattie went off on a ski trip leaving Flanagan minding the store.  Flanny heard about the Vlad/Angels deal via the media while he was working the entire day with same agency closing the deal with Palmeiro.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's an interesting tweet...at LEAST 10 years.  So teams have offered more years?

Buster's tweet doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.

If I am Philly I'm giving him a 12 hour deadline to $#*% or get off the pot.  Enough is enough.e.

My guess is their owner won't let them, but my offer would have already been off the table.  Either that or I call in Luca Brasi.
Luca_Brasi.gif

Archived