Harper to Phillies

weams

25 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

There was an article last year, that said the Giant front office and ownership was pretty much forked up and maybe even worse than the Orioles.

They just hired the Dodgers GM though so the situation's a little different. Regardless what I think of Harper, I'm not going to fault them for spending on one of the best free agents to hit the open market in the last five years. I just question whether or not it will make a difference with that team because they have A LOT of holes and their good players are starting to shows sign that they might age badly. Bumgarner and Posey are shells of what they used to be. 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

They just hired the Dodgers GM though so the situation's a little different. Regardless what I think of Harper, I'm not going to fault them for spending on one of the best free agents to hit the open market in the last five years. I just question whether or not it will make a difference with that team because they have A LOT of holes and their good players are starting to shows sign that they might age badly. Bumgarner and Posey are shells of what they used to be. 

Some dont agree with you:

With the hiring of Farhan Zaidi as president of baseball operations, the San Francisco Giants are well on their way to developing the most layered and most confusing management setup in the Major Leagues.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Some dont agree with you:

So let me get this straight, the Giant's are as inept as the Orioles, but they've managed to win three World Series in the last eight years? Yes they fallen on hard times over the last few years, but unless you're a major market team that has bottomless pockets that's the way the game works. It ebbs and flows. The Giants see that Harper wants to stay on the West Coast and they also don't want him to go to their rivals, the Dodgers. That's why they're making a play for him. He's still young enough where he could be the cornerstone of a rebuild. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

So let me get this straight, the Giant's are as inept as the Orioles, but they've managed to win three World Series in the last eight years? Yes they fallen on hard times over the last few years, but unless you're a major market team that has bottomless pockets that's the way the game works. It ebbs and flows. The Giants see that Harper wants to stay on the West Coast and they also don't want him to go to their rivals, the Dodgers. That's why they're making a play for him. He's still young enough where he could be the cornerstone of a rebuild. 

Yes the Giants run 3 WS in 8 years.

The Orioles had a decent run of 5 years.

Things escalated in the Giants front office, where it became total chaos and confusion for all parties. Hiring the last GM has done nothing to correct the current dysfunction the team is in. Egos grew and boundaries were blurred and feelings were hurt.

The Orioles were dysfunctional. They sent everybody packing, and with a change in ownership to the Sons, they have hired fresh minds, thankfully, do not resemele the same dysfunctional FO that they previously had.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Yes the Giants run 3 WS in 8 years.

The Orioles had a decent run of 5 years.

Things escalated in the Giants front office, where it became total chaos and confusion for all parties. Hiring the last GM has done nothing to correct the current dysfunction the team is in. Egos grew and boundaries were blurred and feelings were hurt.

The Orioles were dysfunctional. They sent everybody packing, and with a change in ownership to the Sons, they have hired fresh minds, thankfully, do not resemele the same dysfunctional FO that they previously had.

If three World Series in eights years is dysfunctional then sign my up! And the Orioles' run doesn't even hold a candle to the Giant's run. It's really a terrible comparison. They never came close to achieving the same level of success. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

If three World Series in eights years is dysfunctional then sign my up! And the Orioles' run doesn't even hold a candle to the Giant's run. It's really a terrible comparison. They never came close to achieving the same level of success. 

Truth.

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The two year collapse and infighting after their success is shameful. How bad they let their FO spiral into dysfunction is the comparison to the Orioles.

The Giants hired a new GM, that doesnt appear to change the culture they fell into.

In that regards, it was a worse fall than the Orioles did, granted being the best record in AL for 5 years, is nothing to winning titles.

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Longeria is not going to lead this team to glory land, under this regime.

Maybe not.....but if I was a Giants fan that got to watch my team win it all 3 times in 5 friggin years, I'd sure be willing to cut them a little slack.  I mean seriously....3 WS wins in 5 years, compared to 1983?  It's not even a comparison.

Archived