Harper to Phillies

weams

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

So is this going to happen or is this just more BS?  ?‍♂️

If I were a bettor, my money would be on the latter. Obviously hard to get a read on it, but it seems like he's lukewarm at best towards playing in Philadelphia. I still believe he'll ultimately re-sign with Washington.

9 hours ago, Satyr3206 said:

I still think signing Manny is a better risk to take than Harper. Only time will tell.

I am a Nats fan. I cannot stand Harper but I am in the minority. IMO Manny is superior and not even close. Harper is one the most overrated players in baseball and hope the Phillies do sign him.

And seriously, who could be excited to play in Philly? I’d take half and play for the Padres. You only need so much money in this world. Philly? Yuck. Just as long as it isn’t the Nats.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

I am a Nats fan. I cannot stand Harper but I am in the minority. IMO Manny is superior and not even close. Harper is one the most overrated players in baseball and hope the Phillies do sign him.

And seriously, who could be excited to play in Philly? I’d take half and play for the Padres. You only need so much money in this world. Philly? Yuck. Just as long as it isn’t the Nats.

I am an Orioles fan.

8 hours ago, McLikin said:

If I were a bettor, my money would be on the latter. Obviously hard to get a read on it, but it seems like he's lukewarm at best towards playing in Philadelphia. I still believe he'll ultimately re-sign with Washington.

I think that ship has sailed.   Tom Boswell wrote a column two days ago trashing Harper’s defense and lack of fundamentals, that I don’t think he would have written unless he knew Harper wasn’t returning.  

9 hours ago, McLikin said:

Phillies seem like a booby prize for Harper.  If he really wanted to be there I think the contract would have been signed by now.

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Harper will gladly take their money, but he is lying if he won’t admit that he envisioned himself wearing Yankee pinstripes or Dodger blue when free agency started.

I think any player would prefer to play on a short list of top tier teams.  Phillies aren't on that list but nothing wrong with wanting to play for Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs etc.  

21 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's been healthy and durable since.  IIRC, they were knee surgeries that weren't expected to have a long term effect or create concern for future injuries.

Congenital defects that were resolved with the surgeries. Not like it’s a recurring condition.

Archived