Harper to Phillies

weams

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/17/2019 at 3:15 PM, Moose Milligan said:

He's been healthy and durable since.  IIRC, they were knee surgeries that weren't expected to have a long term effect or create concern for future injuries.

Yes but knee surgeries are still knee surgeries. The knees take a ton of wear and tear without surgery. He will be slowed in his mid 30s by it. You can pretty much count on it. Arthritis is almost a given for him by then.

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yes but knee surgeries are still knee surgeries. The knees take a ton of wear and tear without surgery. He will be slowed in his mid 30s by it. You can pretty much count on it. Arthritis is almost a given for him by then.

I have to ask - are you in the medical profession?

18 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Obviously I'm no pro athlete, but I've had two knee surgeries around 20 years ago.  They get better at the surgery all the time, so I'm guessing mine was relatively primitive.  I'm now 47 and my knees give me essentially no problems at all.  I never even think about my knees being surgically repaired until something like this reminds me or I notice the scars.

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Obviously I'm no pro athlete, but I've had two knee surgeries around 20 years ago.  They get better at the surgery all the time, so I'm guessing mine was relatively primitive.  I'm now 47 and my knees give me essentially no problems at all.  I never even think about my knees being surgically repaired until something like this reminds me or I notice the scars.

I think the constant wear and tear of everyday sports plays a role. And when did you become inactive

I played sports and then softball 4 or 5 nights a week from my early 20s to late 30s. At about 38 I was dealing with constant pain.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think the constant wear and tear of everyday sports plays a role. And when did you become inactive

I played sports and then softball 4 or 5 nights a week from my early 20s to late 30s. At about 38 I was dealing with constant pain.

At 60, constant pain is your friend. I don't even feel my knee pain anymore. 

Archived