Harper to Phillies

weams

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Yes but knee surgeries are still knee surgeries. The knees take a ton of wear and tear without surgery. He will be slowed in his mid 30s by it. You can pretty much count on it. Arthritis is almost a given for him by then.

Havent we beat this topic to death here in OH?

I thought he had Heredity conditions in both knees, and not like the usual player knee repairs, and that he was not more susceptible for more knee injuries than the next guy.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Havent we beat this topic to death here in OH?

I thought he had Heredity conditions in both knees, and not like the usual player knee repairs, and that he was not more susceptible for more knee injuries than the next guy.

From a guy that never had surgery before I was 30. Surgery is surgery and the effects of operations are there. 

Im not aware of the “hereditary problem” but in the first surgery he collapsed during the swing. The joint collapsing almost certainly caused damage regardless of the  reason for the injury. Was the second surgery done as a precaution or did he have a second collapse?

Either way I’m glad that San Diego owes him 30 million for 10 years when you know 90 million is almost certainly a loss cost compared to what his production will likely be... if not sooner.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

From a guy that never had surgery before I was 30. Surgery is surgery and the effects of operations are there. 

Im not aware of the “hereditary problem” but in the first surgery he collapsed during the swing. The joint collapsing almost certainly caused damage regardless of the  reason for the injury. Was the second surgery done as a precaution or did he have a second collapse?

Either way I’m glad that San Diego owes him 30 million for 10 years when you know 90 million is almost certainly a loss cost compared to what his production will likely be... if not sooner.

It came out after the first surgery that he had a congenital defect in his knees and at some point he would injure the second knee.

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

For what we know about Mcphail with his time with the Orioles do you think signing Harper to the huge rumored contract is a Mcphail move? I for one don’t think so. The move the Phillies made for Realmuto is more Mcphail. 

I think Andy working for the Phillies is going to have different moves than Andy working for the Orioles.

10 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

For what we know about Mcphail with his time with the Orioles do you think signing Harper to the huge rumored contract is a Mcphail move? I for one don’t think so. The move the Phillies made for Realmuto is more Mcphail. 

What do you think of that deal?  I don't think it's a good one for Philly.  For a team willing to spend "stupid money", I think they are blowing it.

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Andy working for the Phillies is going to have different moves than Andy working for the Orioles.

I agree but what about his time with the Cubs before the O’s and or other clubs, has he ever been known to sign players to big long term contracts?

21 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Great reporting! I hope it turns out to be right bc I don’t want him back with the Nats. Overrated. As Thomas Boswell said, addition by subtraction.

Also, I will get a great deal of schadenfreude from watching Phillies fans rip Harper to shreds if he has one of his injury prone or off seasons at the plate.

Archived