Is Steve Wilkerson the next JD Martinez?

AceKing

10 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Could Wilkerson learn to throw a knuckler⁉️ :D

Doesn't every organization have that weird guy who is always trying to throw a knuckler during warmups?  I think you just have to find him, not get your utility player to spend countless hours trying to master an almost uncontrollable pitch.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Doesn't every organization have that weird guy who is always trying to throw a knuckler during warmups?  I think you just have to find him, not get your utility player to spend countless hours trying to master an almost uncontrollable pitch.

I was joking... though it wouldn't hurt to find that 'weird guy'. :)

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Next Stu Miller

Why are you posting this abomination?    I watched the whole thing thinking I was going to watch Miller striking out Mickey Mantle on a wicked change-up.   Instead,  ?

Just now, Frobby said:

Why are you posting this abomination?    I watched the whole thing thinking I was going to watch Miller striking out Mickey Mantle on a wicked change-up.   Instead,  ?

LOL....I couldn’t find a video of Stu literally getting blown off the mound by the wind in the AllStar game at Candlestick...

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He did strike out Mantle, Elston Howard and Maris in a row in the second All Star game in 1961 in Boston...(in the years when there were TWO AllStar games).   But he was a Giant then. 

He was an excellent bullpen guy for us...but there was this game... notice that Mark Belanger in his rookie season played 23 games at SECOND base...

“Miller finished 406 games in his career, but he got his most famous final out on April 30, 1967. Steve Barber started against Detroit and had a terrible day. He walked 10 batters, plunked two, threw a wild pitch, and committed an error – but he didn’t allow a hit through 8⅔ innings. The Orioles led 1-0 in the ninth when Barber walked the first two hitters and bounced a wild pitch in front of the plate to let in the tying run. After another walk, Hank Bauer removed his no-hit pitcher and brought in Miller with two away. Miller induced a grounder through the middle that was flagged down by shortstop Luis Aparicio, who flipped to Mark Belanger at second for the out that would end the inning. But Belanger dropped the ball as the winning run crossed the plate. Miller recorded the third out, one batter too late. The Orioles were only the second team to lose a no-hitter.”

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/f1cee86c

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Gary Thorne said something on the broadcast about his dad being a knuckleballer.  Maybe Stevie's already that guy.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They’ve certainly had lots of time to think about how they would save HRs recently. 

Tauchman, but not Gardie, would have had it.  Yeah, lots of work to do!  We may need some gymnasts out there!

On 7/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, tntoriole said:

Next Stu Miller

“He’s got a fastball you could catch with your teeth.  He has three speeds, slow, slower and reverse”...Coach Jim Murray
spacer.gif

Notice there was a big shift in this game as well.  

Archived