The era begins

weams

Do you think it is feasible to have a season "opener"? That is a guy whose job it is to be in top form on some cold and dismal April day, pitch a few months,  then go fishing/be the long man spot starter/third catcher for the rest of the year? That would allow you to save your Kershaws, etc. for the high leverage months. It would cost money, but perhaps pitching is still actually undervalued? A winning strategy might be to have most of your payroll/team be a pitcher in some form or another.

16 hours ago, terphoopsfan said:

Can anyone discuss how the pitching looked today, specifically Wright, Pop and Ramirez?

I noticed them all pitching up in the zone with their fastballs, well most o them anyway...  Ramírez looked good doing it, Wright not so much, Fry looked good imo, and POP was not working on Velo, but was obviously working on his nasty 2 seamer control trying to get it to start on the plate and run off the plate.

They all overall looked competent.  

I got frustrated with MASN showing last year’s stats or every pitcher.  They should just leave that out.  It is almost irrelevant for many reasons.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What else is he going to say?

I wish we had more talented players?

I honestly don't care what he says, I just think it's hilarious that some people will lose their minds over him saying it, lol...

17 hours ago, terphoopsfan said:

Can anyone discuss how the pitching looked today, specifically Wright, Pop and Ramirez?

I can tell you that Ramirez threw a lot of pitches! He seemed to have trouble putting guys away. That was my only impression... His velo was decent -- hanging around 91-93. He pitched UP in the strike zone a LOT. Could have something to do with spin-rate analysis and him following the new approach? No idea. Just spitballin' here... but that's what we do. 

13 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

I can tell you that Ramirez threw a lot of pitches! He seemed to have trouble putting guys away. That was my only impression... His velo was decent -- hanging around 91-93. He pitched UP in the strike zone a LOT. Could have something to do with spin-rate analysis and him following the new approach? No idea. Just spitballin' here... but that's what we do. 

I was not impressed with any of the pitchers yesterday.  I was impressed with:

Diaz's at bats

Mullins' base running and defense

Sisco's Swing

Jackson's arm

Young's catch in foul ground

Rickard's throw out at third

Muontcastle's pick to start a double play

Santander hitting left-handed hitting a ball to left.

Archived