Yusniel Diaz is very impressive

wildcard

5 minutes ago, Babkins said:

That makes sense (even if if kind of sounds like the old regime). Increased aggressiveness doesn't seem to be leading to a ton of strikeouts—only four in his 30 PA—which is comforting. If he continues to slug in the high fives, I'll have no complaints.

Being aggressive doesn’t always lead to high strikeout rates, because it leads to at bats being resolved before the count ever gets to two strikes.     Look at Miguel Tejada.    

That said, I don’t expect Diaz to totally change his stripes.    It may just be that he’s had a lot of good pitches to hit in the early going.    

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes sense (even if if kind of sounds like the old regime). Increased aggressiveness doesn't seem to be leading to a ton of strikeouts—only four in his 30 PA—which is comforting. If he continues to slug in the high fives, I'll have no complaints.

Being aggressive doesn’t always lead to high strikeout rates, because it leads to at bats being resolved before the count ever gets to two strikes.     Look at Miguel Tejada.    

That said, I don’t expect Diaz to totally change his stripes.    It may just be that he’s had a lot of good pitches to hit in the early going.    

• 3 months later...

Archived