Please Read: Plus Member scrub and information

Tony-OH

Hangouters,

It's been about three years since we've done a plus member scrub and with the transition to the Paypal option we know there are some folks who may not be up to date with their Plus Membership.

If you notice, we've been trying to do a lot of more stuff with keeping up to date with spring training and we will be trying a new prospect tracker this year that's similar to what we're doing with the Spring Training tracker. Luke and I will be covering the prospects closely which means we will be driving all over and watching hours upon hours of videos so you guys will be up to date on the Orioles emerging prospects.

Obviously when you add in server costs, and the ability to pay Michael, Luke and Shane for their time, and it's getting tougher and tougher to make ends meet, especially with so many people using add blockers now.

I've gone out my way to make the experience here as user friendly as possible and have given up multiple revenue makers because they mess with the experience (auto audio ads, ads that you have click off of to see content, etc). Unfortunately, we can tell many people are using ad blockers which means we make no revue from your visit.

While I respect your decision to use ad blockers, we hope you enjoy the work we do here to bring you the Hangout and we ask that you join up to become a Plus Member for $24.95 a year

Trust me I tell you that you are not making anyone rich, but you do make sure the Hangout is supported and it encourages us to do more things like web shows, podcasts, and other things we have in store. 

You can click here to see what you get for becoming a Plus Member, but mostly you get that feeling of really being part of our online family with the Plus Member tag under your name. As a bonus, you get a chance to to knock Frobby off his usual post at the top of the reputation leader board! Haha. 

We'd like to give everyone a one week grace period to get your plus membership back in order before removing that tag in the scrub. If you need longer due to financial distress or other issues, please reach out to me and we can work something out.

Thank you for the consideration and for those of you who are active Plus Members we thank each and everyone of you for making the Hangout your online home for Orioles talk and appreciate your support.

BTW, I'll give some reputation to anyone who can tell everyone why you enjoy the Hangout in a reply below.

Information on Signing up

• Upvote 3

Easiest money I spend all year.  

The prospect and scouting info is excellent and more important now than it has been in years with the number of new faces in the organization.

This is also the best moderated board I’ve ever used. Trolls and bullies make for a crappy experience and there’s none of that here.

• Upvote 2

I will second the positive comments about both the Hangout and the value of Plus membership.  

This is not only the best moderated baseball discussion group, it has the most knowledgeable posters as well as the staff and moderators. 

I have learned so much about the game being part of this community that I can't begin to tell you how valuable this has been in my experience of being an Os fan. 

The other posters here are great people even if we vigorously disagree at times and that is a rare thing to find in our society these days. 

The PLUS membership is a great value.  I would encourage all posters on the board to sign up so that we can become a 100% Plus community. 

Thanks to Tony, Weams, Luke and all the staff for this wonderful resource and experience!!

• Upvote 2

Been here since 2005 and I agree - plus membership is some of the easiest money to spend,  I rarely post but I've read daily (yup, DAILY) for those 13 plus years.  The content (and informed opinions) are unmatched .  If you want to know virtually anything about the Orioles this is THE place. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, olddogger said:

Been here since 2005 and I agree - plus membership is some of the easiest money to spend,  I rarely post but I've read daily (yup, DAILY) for those 13 plus years.  The content (and informed opinions) are unmatched .  If you want to know virtually anything about the Orioles this is THE place. 

Thanks for your long time support. I remember you, but haven't seen you post in a longtime. Glad to see you are still around!

• Upvote 1

I first stumbled upon the Orioles Hangout during the prolonged losing, and it was a saving grace. There was actually intelligent, well-researched thinking and ideas that could give me hope. Then we won some, and the OH didn't disappoint as a trusted friend in good times.

But I'm actually very much more interested in this community during the rebuild. And this community makes that rebuild all the more exciting and tolerable. Thank you, OH. 

Agree with the post on @Luke-OH being a huge addition. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Been a longtime lurker, but going to sign up this year. $25 is a steal and honestly just being able to read and contribute to this message board is worth $25 alone. Thanks to the OH team for all of your work. Lifelong O's fan and this site only enhances that experience. 

Thanks. We are happy to be that unbiased view that is not afraid to say what we think.