The Season Has Started

weams

1 hour ago, theocean said:

The true hit king!

He had seasons in Japan where he had a .994 and a .999 OPS with 13 and 12 homers, respectively.  He hit .350+ in the majors four times.  Who the heck hits .350 anymore?  Forget launch angles, I want to see someone else take a bunny hop then slap the ball into left field and hit .372.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Philip said:

Oh brother. Now you’re implying I’m a racist. Sheesh.

I think baseball should start in the US, yes, because it’s a US sport, yes, but only an idiot would infer from my comments that I am claiming we “dishonor” it by starting it somewhere else.

I have no problem with exhibition games anywhere, nor with in-season games anywhere. My problem is 1) starting the entire season in another country( opening in Canada would be more logical and more feasible) and then returning to a week of spring training( I mean seriously, wha...?) 2)starting in the middle of the night when most Americans are asleep.

I apologize. You carry my point quite far but without a doubt your post was nationalist. I see our game as being quite multinational today and that is directly as a result of our game drawing increased interest from around the world. 

I don’t think it’s racist to want the games opener to be in the US. I think it’s short sighted and narrow minded to not see the opener in Japan as anything but great for the game. 

Not a character flaw. A different point of view. I am short sighted and narrow minded on any number of subjects. It’s something I try to work on. 

8 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He had seasons in Japan where he had a .994 and a .999 OPS with 13 and 12 homers, respectively.  He hit .350+ in the majors four times.  Who the heck hits .350 anymore?  Forget launch angles, I want to see someone else take a bunny hop then slap the ball into left field and hit .372.

Preach!  I miss George Brett, Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn.  

I hate watching players like Joey Gallo.  Hits 40 home runs, but strikes out 200 times and batting average is barely above the Mendoza line. 

Even sluggers like Eddie Murray in his prime are in short supply now.  

Archived