The Davis Release Poll

interloper

The Davis Poll - Make Your Prediction  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question: How long does he last? Stake your claim!! [2019-2020]

• Released before the start of the 2019 regular season
    • Released during the 2019 season before the All Star break
    • Released during the 2019 All Star break (7/8 thru 7/11)
    • Released after the 2019 All Star break but before the end of the season (7/12 thru 9/29)
    • Released during the MLB postseason
    • Released during the offseason
    • Released during ST 2020
    • He is not released and makes it to regular season 2020

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he'll last beyond June. At that point they won't be able to hide him any longer... unless they can place him on the disabled list (for as long as possible). But if he's healthy, and he's blocking future prospects, and he's embarrassing the club, they will have no choice but to release him. I really can't imagine him lasting beyond June if he's batting under 200 with two or three home runs. At some point the team has to realize he has nothing more to contribute as a Major League player.

5 minutes ago, linedrive said:

At some point the team has to realize he has nothing more to contribute as a Major League player.

You could say that about half the team.  Davis isn't getting released and I have no idea why so many on this board think that it is a possibility.

16 minutes ago, atomic said:

You could say that about half the team.  Davis isn't getting released and I have no idea why so many on this board think that it is a possibility.

True, you could say that about half the team, but none of them are being paid the salary Davis is, and they aren't as old as he is. They can be released at any time with little consequence.

So many of us think it's a possibility for Davis to be released because, if he can't help the club, at some point it becomes pointless to keep him around. It doesn't make sense to keep him if he's blocking other players that can contribute and gain valuable experience. Sure, we could find ways to keep him on the roster just because we're screwed, but how much longer do we want to be embarrassed by him day in and day out? At some point we've got to say, "Enough is enough". 

1 hour ago, linedrive said:

True, you could say that about half the team, but none of them are being paid the salary Davis is, and they aren't as old as he is. They can be released at any time with little consequence.

So many of us think it's a possibility for Davis to be released because, if he can't help the club, at some point it becomes pointless to keep him around. It doesn't make sense to keep him if he's blocking other players that can contribute and gain valuable experience. Sure, we could find ways to keep him on the roster just because we're screwed, but how much longer do we want to be embarrassed by him day in and day out? At some point we've got to say, "Enough is enough". 

That's somewhat irrelevant as you cannot escape Davis's salary by releasing him.  Perhaps you know this, but your comment seems to imply otherwise. 

9 hours ago, linedrive said:

Releasing Davis wont help the club.  He isnt blocking anyone and the team will still be worst in the league without Davis on it.  The club is an embarrassment with or without Davis.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Bad poll when you have a ton of choices that have zero chance of happening.

69% of those polled disagree that it has zero chance of happening.    So that makes it a good poll.   A bad poll is one that only has the choice that you agree with.  

11 hours ago, atomic said:

Wait, wait....didn’t you say something similar about people on this board and Machado not getting 300 million?    Can you assure us we are idiots to think we will be in the World Series within a year or two?   Thx.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Psst...the answer you are looking for then is the last one.  He makes it to 2020 and then of course...we poll again.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I couldn’t vote. Too many options. Plus another Chris Davis thread?????  Damn, our whole group of position player prospects just had the best possible ST.  Personally, I prefer to rehash the 2016 play in name, but that’s just me. 

For the record, I would have used Britton in the 7th.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Thanks. I'm so sorry I've offended you with my super wrong message board poll. What the hell is your problem anyway? Get banned already.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

69% of those polled disagree that it has zero chance of happening.    So that makes it a good poll.   A bad poll is one that only has the choice that you agree with.  

Yeah but I am not sure why people are being delusional. He is obviously not going to be released this year.  And frankly there is zero reason to release him.  The team isnt trying to win. The team isnt bringing up prospects that are ready at positions that aren't blocked.

Really I am not sure why the majority of the board wants him released.  They are happy with the bad triple A team we are fielding and happy for the team to finish in last place in mlb the next two seasons.  

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Thanks. I'm so sorry I've offended you with my super wrong message board poll. What the hell is your problem anyway? Get banned already.

Lol.  You had a choice for him being released between July 7th and 10th.  But no choice beyond this year when he has 3 more years on his contract.  I am not sure what everyone's obsession with Chris Davis is.  If he were actually released and it makes zero difference to the teams record what dead horse will you be beating then.  

I could see this thread happening last year but the team is built to be the worst in the league.  What possible difference does it make to you?

Archived