The Davis Release Poll

interloper

The Davis Poll - Make Your Prediction  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question: How long does he last? Stake your claim!! [2019-2020]

• Released before the start of the 2019 regular season
    • Released during the 2019 season before the All Star break
    • Released during the 2019 All Star break (7/8 thru 7/11)
    • Released after the 2019 All Star break but before the end of the season (7/12 thru 9/29)
    • Released during the MLB postseason
    • Released during the offseason
    • Released during ST 2020
    • He is not released and makes it to regular season 2020

43 minutes ago, atomic said:

Lol.  You had a choice for him being released between July 7th and 10th.  But no choice beyond this year when he has 3 more years on his contract.  I am not sure what everyone's obsession with Chris Davis is.  If he were actually released and it makes zero difference to the teams record what dead horse will you be beating then.  

I could see this thread happening last year but the team is built to be the worst in the league.  What possible difference does it make to you?

Some pretty good points but I don’t agree.  The poll is clearly covering this year only.  You know, for a genius you are pretty unforgiving of mere mortals. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, atomic said:

You could say that about half the team.  Davis isn't getting released and I have no idea why so many on this board think that it is a possibility.

Because our opinions sometimes evolve over time as new information becomes available, and aren't fixed as absolutely correct predictions from the very moment they pop into our unsurpassed minds?

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Lol.  You had a choice for him being released between July 7th and 10th.  But no choice beyond this year when he has 3 more years on his contract.  I am not sure what everyone's obsession with Chris Davis is.  If he were actually released and it makes zero difference to the teams record what dead horse will you be beating then.  

I could see this thread happening last year but the team is built to be the worst in the league.  What possible difference does it make to you?

The poll was for this year. If he's not released this year there will be a poll next year. I just wanted to see what people thought. You're trolling. I'm sorry you have to live your life so angry all the time. I don't know what else to say. You should get some help.

5 hours ago, atomic said:

Releasing Davis wont help the club.  He isnt blocking anyone and the team will still be worst in the league without Davis on it.  The club is an embarrassment with or without Davis.  

Well, at this point he could be blocking the Orioles from looking at both Nunez, Smith Jr. and Ruiz everyday. Whether any of them are part of a winning future is certainly debatable, but we all know Davis is not going to help a winning Orioles team again.

Also, why would a team want to keep running out a player who is not major league worthy any longer? the money is already spent and if the organization wants to turn the page and truly go into rebuild mode, they can't have players like Davis and Trumbo to a lesser extend clogging up the roster.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Why don't you move along to another thread? You are acting pretty ridiculous in this thread and it's getting old. 

On 3/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, atomic said:

Releasing Davis wont help the club.  He isnt blocking anyone and the team will still be worst in the league without Davis on it.  The club is an embarrassment with or without Davis.  

You must be really familiar with being an embarrassment. Unlike you, the club has a long term plan to get better

On 3/22/2019 at 11:24 PM, BohKnowsBmore said:

That's somewhat irrelevant as you cannot escape Davis's salary by releasing him.  Perhaps you know this, but your comment seems to imply otherwise. 

I'm not sure how I implied that. Of course we can't escape his salary by releasing him. Nonetheless, it doesn't make sense to keep him on the team if he's not contributing. At some point we have to bight the bullet. And I don't think he'll last long if he continues to embarrass the club.

17 hours ago, atomic said:

I'll agree with your last point, but not your first or second. I think releasing Davis will help the club in a number of ways. 1: we can move on. 2: he'll no longer be a distraction. 3: the club will be better with Trey Mancini playing first base. 4: it will give other players an opportunity to prove themselves at the Major League level (Mountcastle).

Either way, I expect the club to finish last. But I can't imagine the front office going through another season or two of his futility, pretending that he's going to turn it around eventually. Sooner or later they're going to grow weary of giving him chances, and he's going to be released, and we're going to have to eat the rest of the salary (unless he can be bought out).

On the other hand, if he's hitting .220 through June, then I fully expect him to remain on the club. My prediction is predicated on him hitting below .190 and whiffing 4 times a game without making contact. We have guys at single A that would make more contact.

13 hours ago, atomic said:

Yeah but I am not sure why people are being delusional. He is obviously not going to be released this year.  And frankly there is zero reason to release him.  The team isnt trying to win. The team isnt bringing up prospects that are ready at positions that aren't blocked.

Really I am not sure why the majority of the board wants him released.  They are happy with the bad triple A team we are fielding and happy for the team to finish in last place in mlb the next two seasons.  

You're just OVER THE TOP negative. It'll never work and we'll all be killed!!!!!!!!1!@!!!!1

Maybe you should step away from the keyboard for a few months. You are the LEAST objective poster I think I've ever seen.

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, at this point he could be blocking the Orioles from looking at both Nunez, Smith Jr. and Ruiz everyday. Whether any of them are part of a winning future is certainly debatable, but we all know Davis is not going to help a winning Orioles team again.

Also, why would a team want to keep running out a player who is not major league worthy any longer? the money is already spent and if the organization wants to turn the page and truly go into rebuild mode, they can't have players like Davis and Trumbo to a lesser extend clogging up the roster.

Sorry Tony. You know how I am...

atomic, you want a gauge of why we should release Davis? Imagine we do release him but still have to pay all that salary. At that point any team could could sign him for the ML minimum, 517K or whatever it is now. PRO-RATED minimum at that! Name me ONE team that would jump on that!

Still waiting.

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Davis over the last 10 days has hit the ball to the fence five or six times.Yesterday he hit a homer and another ball to the fence.If he can cut down at staring at pitches ,he might be almost serviceable. 

At least he’s staring at pitches and not off in to space, thats at least a 10% improvement.

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Davis over the last 10 days has hit the ball to the fence five or six times.Yesterday he hit a homer and another ball to the fence.If he can cut down at staring at pitches ,he might be almost serviceable. 

That is such a big “if” that it’s almost not worth discussing.    I don’t think anyone really doubts that Davis can still hit the ball a long way when he connects.    But he’s connecting less and less and seems to have great difficulty recognizing pitches and pulling the trigger.   

Archived