O's Claim Catcher Pedro Severino

wildcard

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Exactly. God has blessed me in many ways, Part of that is a love for the game of baseball. 

I’m just trying to find things to be upbeat about. It’s difficult to do that this year. This board has been a lot of doom and gloom. Too many snarky and/or angry people. I enjoy the game. I enjoy watching men play this kids’ game, especially when they play with passion and energy. I love the College World Series for the same reasons. I love coaching youth baseball of all levels for the same reasons. I love seeing many of the kids I know and/or have coached get to play ball in college, and in several cases get drafted and sign. I have loved meeting people like Bob Boone, Dave Tremblay, Joe Oliver and John Hart, to name a few. Talking baseball with these guys who truly love the game, and to see how down to earth and grateful they are to have played or coached or been an executive. It was just humbling. Baseball is a lifestyle for those guys, not just a job or just a game. I get the feeling, watching Pedro, that he is the same type of individual.

Adam Jones had a similar passion and energy for many years in an Oriole uniform. Brian Roberts too, before he cracked his noggin with his bat. Ed Murray was similar with his playfulness and the way he had a flair for the dramatic. These guys were fun to watch. 

You don't have to rationalize to anyone who YOUR personal favorite catcher is. But maybe I'm just saying that cause I still miss the love child of Super Mario and Ron Jeremy known as Sal Fasano behind the dish. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Darkhawk said:

You don't have to rationalize to anyone who YOUR personal favorite catcher is. But maybe I'm just saying that cause I still miss the love child of Super Mario and Ron Jeremy known as Sal Fasano behind the dish. 

I almost spit my coffee all over my phone. ?

o

I've been rooting for the Orioles since October of 1971, and my favorite player in club history (1954 - Present) is Melvin Mora.

My favorite player in franchise history (1901 - Present ) is George Sisler, whom I have never seen play.

As Frobby said, favoritism is completely subjective ........ Jammer has his reasons, and I have mine (including my adulation for a franchise player who played his entire career in another city.)

o

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Well, it’s my opinion that you’re arguing with me about...lol. You disagree, cool. He is still MY favorite Oriole catcher of all time. I loved Dipper, but Wieters and Hoiles were not dynamic and passionate behind the dish. Who is your favorite Oriole catcher? And why?

Andy Etcheberan as he caught a ball right in the first row we were sitting in my first mlb game. Plus he was catcher on 4 teams that made World series.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. ANGELS, 7/27)

NUMBER 10

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

o

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs.ANGELS, 7/27)

NUMBER 10

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

o

Sell high ....I like his contribution, I just don't think it's sustainable 

• 4 weeks later...

o

This was Severino's 1st career grand slam.

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 8/24)

NUMBER 11

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

o

9 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

This was Severino's 3rd career grand slam.

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 8/24)

NUMBER 11

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

PEDRO SEVERINO DeLEON

o

I wonder if Severino is among the quickest ever to reach three career grand slams? He's basically done it in one season's worth of at-bats (501).