3/24 Lots of roster moves

Legend_Of_Joey

1 hour ago, AceKing said:

Why?.....is this some big surprise?

If Trumbo is ILed then Trey will hardly be playing LF every day. He'll be 1B/DH at least half his starts. atomic is just looking for something else to [female dog] about. :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

This team won't win 50 games. And be dull while not doing it.Absolutely the least interesting team we've had in about a decade..or more. 

If only for the presence of Elias and some of the youngsters, they’re far more interesting than last year’s team.

It’s impossible to look at all the cuts and think they are taking the best 25.

Which is fine, it’s not about this year.

I think the philosophy is pretty obvious at this point.

If your young and possibly good enough to contribute to the next winning O’s team we are starting you in the minors unless there isn’t another 40 man option at the position. 

I honestly don’t think this means they are high on Mullins or Fry or Means or Wright or Yacabonis or Hess, but kind of the opposite. If they (or anyone else) are good and have trade value then that’s just an added bonus.

3 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

If your young and possibly good enough to contribute to the next winning O’s team we are starting you in the minors unless there isn’t another 40 man option at the position. 

I honestly don’t think this means they are high on Mullins or Fry or Means or Wright or Yacabonis or Hess, but kind of the opposite. If they (or anyone else) are good and have trade value then that’s just an added bonus.

I think out of all the pitchers you mentioned, they ar probably highestton Fry.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Not very exciting but some players to watch. Do any of Nunez, Mullins, Ruiz, Severino, Martin, become nuggets this year. Does Castro become future closer material?  I'm interested to see who, if anyone, emerges before the cavalry starts getting called up.  

Did anyone else wince when reading the word cavalry? ?

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

This team won't win 50 games. And be dull while not doing it.Absolutely the least interesting team we've had in about a decade..or more. 

C'mon Roy, can't you get with the new program? ?

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Keep ALL the assets!

6 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

The only Top 30 Prospects that are on the Opening Day Roster are Rule 5 guys Martin and Jackson who must be in the majors to keep them.   Elias is saving of the other top prospect service time.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=bal

Noting that sending Hays, Santander,  Diaz, Sisco, Carroll and Scott  down are actually  compliments.

49 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

The team to watch the first half of the season will be Norfolk, where the new offensive core (minus Hays) will develop together. Perhaps some benefit will be derived from their having played together once they reach the show.

Going to be quite the blow if Norfolk isn't a competitive team.

Archived